Advice on Kangaroo Island on december

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrsoGirgio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hy collegues,
my and my wife will be on Kangaroo Island on midlle december and really like to have a dive on the area to be able to spot and photograph a leafy sea dragon. I try to look on internet for a diving that cover the area but the only one is ffrom Adelaide and it is very very expensive.

Have you any diving to suggest in Kangaroo Island or at last near Victor Harbor ?

Thank's for your help
OrsoGirgio

Hi OrsoGirgio,

I live in Adelaide.

You do not need to go to Kangaroo Island to see Leafy Sea Dragons as there are places to see these on the mainland.

I would suggest that you contact the following dive stores and tour operators in Adelaide who offer Leafy Sea Dragon tours to sites at Rapid Bay and Victor Harbor - Adelaide Scuba, Diving Adelaide, Divers Service, Downunderpix, NB Scuba, The Dive Shack and Underwater Sports Diving Centre.

The best means of contact is to use the messaging function on Facebook (all of these businesses have Facebook accounts).

You need to advise that you wish to do a Leafy Sea Dragon tour, what days that you want to dive and what equipment you need. Also, please ask if the operator can collect you and your wife from your hotel or place of accommodation.

While Kangaroo Island has lots of good sites, unfortunately the dive store (i.e. Kangaroo Island Dive and Adventure) is apparently closed and is up for sale with the result that there are no guided dives available. If you want dive on the island’s coastline, you will need to organise everything yourself. Although, cylinder fills are available at a general store in the principal town of Kingscote.

Hy,
thank's very much for your advice I will contact the suggested tour operators and see, I have tried myself the Kangaroo Island Dive and Adventure and the site is for sale. In case there are maps of site for diving on the island, can get, eventually, tanks on the general store at Kingscote ?

The store in Kingscote that fills scuba cylinders is Jamerson Marine - please refer the following pages for the advice that cylinder filling is available and for location, contact details and trading hours - Service | Jamieson Marine and Jamieson Marine |.

Some diving acquaintances obtained service from Jamerson Marine during a recent visit to the island - they advised that the service was efficient (i.e. 6 fills were completed in about an hour) and that the fills cost 12AUD each.

Again, you will need to hire cylinders in Adelaide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom