Advice on setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron7712

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys n Gals,

From a job lot I bought,

I have scubapro mk16 and mk 20 1st stages, I’m assuming the 20 is the later model and therefore better of the two?

I also have scubapro R290 2nd stage and octopus as well as a D400 2nd stage and R380 octopus I was going to use the two R290’s as they seem to be in better condition.

there is also a suunto spg and a scubapro spg with what I assume is a depth gauge, I have a Galileo G2 so was wondering if I need either of these?

any advice on combination of items would be appreciated as I’m a newbie, all items will be checked/serviced by my local dive shop prior to use.

thanks in advance.

I'd use the MK16, I don't like piston regs, the D400 as my primary, hope it has the metal orifice and you can find a competent tech to service it. The R series I'm not familiar with. I have files if you want to do it yourself. Feel free to message me if you wish. Cheers.

If you have a Galileo with transmitter unless you want redundancy you don't need the gauges. The MK16 only has 1 HP port I think.

The R290 is a simple but reliable design. Essentially an R190

The D400 is better but harder to get serviced and adjusted properly.

the R380 might be preferred as an octo due to it being slightly smaller than the R290 (IIRC).

Thanks gents, I can only seem to find the service kits for the D400 in the US, most come in between between $50 & 70 shipped+ tax, I’m sure I can find someone to carry out the service that will be another $60 or so.

If you have a Galileo with transmitter unless you want redundancy you don't need the gauges. The MK16 only has 1 HP port I think.

It does have a transmitter so will stick with that, again thanks.

Thanks gents, I can only seem to find the service kits for the D400 in the states most come in
Happy new Year Aron7712.
I think i can help you out with parts suitable for scubapro gear since we have an extensive product range parts for scubapro. you can search in our catalogue for more info Catalogue - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
Kind regards
Scubagaskets

Happy new Year Aron7712.
I think i can help you out with parts suitable for scubapro gear since we have an extensive product range parts for scubapro. you can search in our catalogue for more info Catalogue - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
Kind regards
Scubagaskets

Do you stock poppets for the D series? O rings aren't the problem so much but poppet assemblies. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom