Aeris A300cs Lost Link...again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DT DIVER

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased my DC last year and it worked great for about 17 dives. Then I had to replace the battery. After that, it starting losing link all the time. I sent it back in November 2015 and got it back with new firmware at the end of Feb 2016. After about 7 dives, my battery was dead. I think it is not shutting off on its own. I dove it and came back after a couple weeks of no diving and it would turn on. I replaced the battery, established a link, and then it lost link at 85 feet 20 minutes into the first dive. The Firmware version is R2A, Last Calibrated says, 08-15-14. When I try to update the firmware it says this is the latest version.
Whats the deal? This thing has been in the shop more than it has been in the water.
Thanks for any pointers....

I have that same firmware version in mine, and it works like a champ. From my experience, the battery life isn't good, not far off of what you describe. I've never had it lose a link in the latest version that I have (I sent it back 3 or 4 times and received a new computer each time). Now I'm fairly happy and just have extra rechargeable batteries, so it works for me.

Why is it in the shop instead of going back to Oceanic?

By shop I meant, sent back to oceanic. The problem is that from Guam stuff takes forever. Last time 4 months due to holiday shopping and the black hole effect. It is where packages go to die

Last edited:
No problem, if I figure out what is wrong I'll post it. I think I will start diving with an SPG and my wireless just to have redundancy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom