AERIS Merges With Oceanic. But they are the same company.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I know is that I really LOVE my new Aerisoceanichollis Acell fins!

I have an Aeris BCD. Once on a trip to the Keys I left my integrated weight pockets at home. Dive store carried Oceanic. Looked the same to me. Fit nice. Same clamps, etc. First time I jumped off the boat I watched a weight pocket head for the bottom. Only 25 ft of water so I followed it down and put it back in. Turns out that the Oceanic had a one inch longer strap to the clip than the Aeris otherwise the pockets were identical. That 1 inch made a huge difference.

Oceanic and AERIS - as well as Hollis, LavaCore and Ocean Pro brands, as well as Pelagic Pressure Systems and ROMI Enterprises manufacturing divisions, are all part of one big happy family. While considered by many to be the same company, each operates independently as stand-alone business units. We are able to leverage common resources for the great good so to speak, but in many cases - as with Oceanic and AERIS, there is duplication of efforts - and in this particular case, with two companies offering similar products - we felt that we could be more effective by channeling those efforts.

We will bring the latest AERIS products over to Oceanic, eventually rebranding/styling them - including the Jetpack, A300 CS OLED computer, Cyanea Mask, Accel fins, and others. Oceanic will fully support AERIS products and customers with warranty and ongoing service.

Do you have plans yet for the rest of the Aeris range? Or an idea when you would be putting out info about the rest of the range?

In particular, I was looking at getting the Atmos Ai and A300 in the nearish future, as I like the features/price of these more than the equivalent Oceanic products. So, I was wondering if I need to be jumping in now while they are still available, or waiting until they integrated into the Oceanic brand?

Any info would be most appreciated :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom