Aeris / Oceanic tech support punting to Diverlog developer for A300 CS OLED support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I called Aeris tech support regarding the fact I still can't get my A300 CS OLED to pair with anything, including Macbook Pros and Iphones. The tech support rep punted me to the developer of Diverlog, which to be honest, is absurd. What the hell is wrong with them?

I see that they made a Diverlog Android version available on Google Play. It has 50 downloads so far...
Does anyone know if the Bluetooth actually works in this App? This app costs $12, which I am willing to pay if the Bluetooth works.
I've spent 3x that much buying different Bluetooth dongles for my PC which works on everything except the A300CS.
I've been waiting for a competing program from Divemate to do something that Aeris could not seem to accomplish on their own computer.

Diverlog for Android does work, and I've discovered that this computer's bluetooth functionality will only work within the app itself and not via the normal BT sync method that just about ever single BT device uses. This is one of the most important pieces of information that Oceanic -IS NOT COMMUNICATING-. Anyone trying to use BT like normal on this computer is likely to believe the computer is broken, all because Oceanic isn't documenting it properly.

Using the iOS version. Support doesn't exist. Good luck!

Given the new crop of more sophisticated computers that are available now there's just no way I can recommend this computer at it's $1000+ price tag.

I have a number of Oceanic products and I really like them and I'm not unhappy with either the Mac or iOS versions of Diverlog, BUT, I have had some issues, which I finally sorted myself because I was unable to reach anyone to help me and some features are not intuitive. I understand that the app is probably not the big revenue driver here, but it is "part of the product" and should be supported. Someone from Oceanic used to monitor SB and he was terrific at chasing these things down, but I don't think he's here anymore. Really too bad.

Does Diverlog for Android sync with the ACI software on the PC? From the description of it, it seems you can only transfer back and forth from the cloud, which apparently doesn't work well.
Still hesitant on purchasing it since I want to use it on a Galaxy Note 4, which from the Play store feedback, has issues.

The A300CS/VTX can be had for less than $1K. But given the lack of support to get the hardware running as expected, I would go with a different vendor. The Oceanic/Aeris merger seems to not have gone well for product support. I also have a number of Aeris/Oceanic products which I am happy with, but probably because they worked from point of purchase...

Got mine for a bit more than $500, with transmitter & case, very lightly used (2 dives), new/mint condition, no flaws, but no USB cable. So deals can be found. First thing you need to do is update to latest firmware, call Oceanic or Aeris to help if needed. And replaced both batteries just to be fresh.

Haven't looked at DiverLog yet, but have it on my phone and have the Aeris ACS software on my PC. My laptop bluetooth will NOT pick it up, but thanks for the heads up @Jak Crow, that it needs to be sync'd from within the software only. Tech support says I need to buy their (probably expensive) bluetooth dongle directly from them, to make the sync work on my laptop. That's totally lame, but I might try some 3rd party USB bluetooth x-mitters to see if that works, then report back...

Back
Top Bottom