Age of Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it is the SRB 3200, I'm not seeing the the dry bleed port, and I could have easily put a newer Sherwood second on and don't remember what was origional. As I remember, I bought mine in the early '80's, it was a shop demo.

I now use it on my pony bottle as it has had a great track record of reliability. If I had to pick one reg to own, it would be on the A list.

Bob

SRB 3200 only refers to the second stage (thank you Sherwood Marketing peeps)!

I have seen lots of "mixed" sets of Sherwood regulators on eBay that have a seemingly random assortment of first and second stages from this time period.

If the OP can confirm that there is a black rubber bleed valve on the first stage (I claim to see it on the picture) then we can be sure of the model of first stage.

Note that the black rubber bleed valve can safely be removed from the first stage using your finger nail.

I have seen lots of "mixed" sets of Sherwood regulators on eBay that have a seemingly random assortment of first and second stages from this time period.

I can see how that happens, my regs are supprised if the first and second are made by the same manufacturer. Between what I have serviced and testing, and what I prefer to dive, the seconds I use could appear random to some. I haven't sold a reg yet, but someday.

Sounds like I should track you down next time I'm working on a Sherwood problem. It won't be soon as I am moving and anything not essential is packed.

Bob

I have a Sherwood Oasis that had the same first stage and the second stage is of similar design and I know it's from the late 1980's. I have upgraded the first stage to a newer Sherwood dry air bleed with the externally adjustable ip.
I still use it and it looks and works great after almost 30 years of use. Very easy to maintain and it breathes very well when adjusted correctly. I had a Sherwood Shadow integrated octo that came with it but I sold it to buy an AIR2. That was a mistake. I think the Shadow is a better integrated octo and it can be used with any standard bc inflator. Those Sherwoods are so simple in design that they are practicaly bullet proof and a drunk monkey could service them.
I have a collection of regs. Actually it's more like a hoard. A Poseidon Cyklon and a Jetstream, several SP 's mk2, mk5 and mk10 with 108 and 109 seconds, several AMF MR12's, MR12 II and a Mares MR12 III, several different USD Conshelfs and Calypsos to name a few. They are all excellent regulators by any standard. But to be honest I find myself grabbing the Oasis to go diving with more than any of the others because it is so easy to set up and maintain compared to the others. I like a reg that I can access the second stage diaphragm without tools and that I can adjust the ip without taking the first stage apart.
I think a lot of the people that badmouth Sherwood either never actually tried one or they didn't have one that was tuned correctly.
Sherwood is probably the largest valve manufacturer in the world for just about every industry there is, from beer taps to aerospace applications. They actually make the valves and regulators for a lot of different scuba equipment companies that just rebrand them with their name on them, like the Poseidon Jetstream, which is just a rebranded Sherwood Ultima.
Sorry about that, I kind of went off on a Sherwood rant there.

Attachments

• $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 18
  • poseidon-jetstream-mk3.jpg
    poseidon-jetstream-mk3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom