Airfare to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peeweediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Checking to see if this is the "new norm" on airfare to Roatan from Chicago for next March: $900 to $1300 is what our group is being quoted for group airfare. Really? Anyone have any encouraging words about prices dropping as it gets closer. Much higher than our past two trips so we're in a bit of sticker shock.

Thanks for any information you can share; encouraging or just telling us to "live with it".

Rob

Do not book group airfare. Very often group air is more costly than booking as individuals.

i just booked o'hare to roatan via dallas, march 4-11 for $723 on AA

I see it but it's not available from 11th to 18th. So odd. Cheapest from 11th to 18th is $900 through Miami.
thanks for the info.

Rob

As stated, forget about group airfare. I occasionally run group trips and have looked into it and it has never been price competitive. Group air has some advantages but price isn't one of them. It provides a guaranteed airfare and available seat that allows you to price your group trip and make it available for a period of time. There are situations where this consistency for planning purposes may be more important than lowest price, such as wedding parties. But if price is a big concern, find what dates have the lowest airfare, build your trip around those dates, and once you have the framework of your trip in place tell people to book their air ASAP.

Also - your looking during Spring Break time frame so yea your gonna pay more. We have flights for 10-15 returning end of Feb 2017, Denver to RTB & back $723 per ticket.

Assuming you're doing 7 days Sat-Sat -

week of the 4th is $641 r/t
week of the 11th is $893 r/t

Matrix - ITA Software by Google

EDIT:
I ran that search last night using 9 as the group size. Now today all the flights are hundreds cheaper.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom