Akona quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, I am about to purchase a new wet-suit. I like the Akona jacket and farmer john (6.5 m.m.), but would like to know more about the quality of thier products first. Can anyone help ?

...but I have several of their back paks and bags. They are excellent quality.

I'm with Dee, I have several of their backpacks but don't know too much about their wetsuits. They aren't really known for that... anyone else use their suits?

I have some of their boots and use one of their knives, the quality is the best. If this and the above are any indications I wouldn/t hesitate at all on the wetsuit.

Just make sure the suits don't have the glued on Akona logos on them. My Akona boots had those, they were there when I went down, gone when I came up, from the very first dive.

We have Akona booties and are very pleased with them. The brand is painted on as opposed to being sewn on. We have had them for three years and they have held up to all sorts of service: shore dives, walking from dock to room, etc.

The adhesive and fabrics are sturdy and the "craftsmanship" is excellent. Never had one of their wet suits, though. We have been very happy with O'Neill and Henderson.

Joewr

Nope they came from a local dive shop. They had a little frog glued onto one side. The little froggy jumped ship! It isn't anything more than a cosmetic problem, the booties work fine and I'm still using them. I casually mentioned it to the shop owner some time afterwards and he said that every pair of that design that he had sold, did the same thing. I think they have changed them now, though.

I use Henderson Wetsuits cause thats my last name.... Free Personalization :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom