AKR Trip Report 11/14 – 11/21/2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone been to both AKR and Scuba Club Cozumel? Are they similar levels of quality/service/food/boats and such. I know that underwater they may be different, but that's not what I'm asking....

:)

Yes - we have been to both AKR and Scuba Club. They are comparable IMO. Scuba Clubs food is better, which makes sense, Scuba Club has better/easier access to higher quality supply, but we have/had no problems with the food and we prefer non-buffet style that both resorts have. I would say AKR is a little more Rustic but that is what Roatan is, don't go to Roatan expecting the infrastructure that Cozumel has. AKR's dive boats I would place a step above Scuba Clubs but just barely. The nice thing about AKR is the dive sites are much closer then Scuba Club. most dive sites are less than 10 min away. Overall I would rate them very close.

If you have any specific questions shoot me a PM.

For those asking about AKR vs Cocoview, we have been to both and CocoView is geared towards the diver that wants to do nothing but dive while AKR is geared towards the vacation diver that is happy with 3 dives a day and a few night dives. Food quality between the 2 is comparable, CocoView is buffet, AKR is not. CocoView is on the South/East side and AKR is on the North/West side. The diving on each side of the island is different, they are equally good, but different. Access to activities outside the resort favor AKR as they are a 10 minute taxi ride to West End while CocoView is 30-45 minutes away. Both resorts pick you up at the airport, take your bags and transport them to your room, both take you back to the airport and in our experience the staff at both locations have been helpful when needed. It is a little hard to compare the 2 resorts from the "which one is better" stand point because they are catering to 2 different demographics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom