Aliwal Shoal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tams

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be diving Aliwal Shoal in November, and was wondering who else had dived this site, what it's like, and which dive centre should I go with?

Tams:
I'm going to be diving Aliwal Shoal in November, and was wondering who else had dived this site, what it's like, and which dive centre should I go with?

We dive Aliwal Shoal once a month.

Dive charters to consider:

Sea Fever www.seafever.co.za
The Whaler
Aliwal Dive Charters

We have been using Sea Fever for 4 years now.
I have not dived with the other charters and can't comment on them.

What is it like:

There will more than likely not be sharks on the Shoal in November any more, but anything is possible.
Launches are from the Umkomaas river mouth or off the beach using RIB's, and could be fun and challenging.
Dives can range from 6m to 31m in depth, with two very broken up wrecks as another possibility (the Nebo and Produce).

PM me if you need more info

I must agree with seafever as a dive op, great bunch of guys.

I pretty much agree with everything dais above, if the conditions are good I def recommend a dive on the Produce, its a great site.

Have fun! Might see you there!

i have only Alowal once but it was not a good dive as the current was so strong. there isnt much in the way of coral but there are lots of fish. I dived with sea fever as well. they are a great outfit.

Perhaps on a better day I would have enjoyed my dive there.

Thanks guys, that was really helpful. See you there in November

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom