Alor Exploration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you see tons of hammerheads in Banda sea.

Hi Dan,

The MV Ambai will be crossing the Banda sea (ring of fire) from Maumere to Ambon departing 25 October for 14 nights. This cruise has been chartered 2 years in advance by one of our agents: this is not a regular itinerary although we do it every two years.

Therefore in 2017 we also offer 2 cruises in October/November that should be of interest for you:
  1. A171011: Alor-Saumlaki (Oct 11-22, 2017)
  2. A171026: Saumlaki-Kaimana (Oct 26- Nov 7, 2017)
Please feel free to drop us an email (info@wallacea-divecruise.com) shall you need further information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Hi Dan,

The MV Ambai will be crossing the Banda sea (ring of fire) from Maumere to Ambon departing 25 October for 14 nights. This cruise has been chartered 2 years in advance by one of our agents: this is not a regular itinerary although we do it every two years.

Therefore in 2017 we also offer 2 cruises in October/November that should be of interest for you:
  1. A171011: Alor-Saumlaki (Oct 11-22, 2017)
  2. A171026: Saumlaki-Kaimana (Oct 26- Nov 7, 2017)
Please feel free to drop us an email (info@wallacea-divecruise.com) shall you need further information.

Thanks for the info. Nice video. Unfortunately, I already booked a trip for 2017, as described here: One space on La Galigo Liveaboard to Banda & Raja Ampat in Nov 2017 with 15% discount. Also my dive club has already picked 2018 trip destination - Sardine Run 2017.

Since your cruise has been chartered 2 years in advance, I'm interested in the above trip for 2019. Please let me know once you have the 2019 schedule put together.

Last edited:
Currently at Alami Resort in Alor. Water can be cold at some dive sites & very comfortable at others. Great wide angle & macro. I've seen more species other locations, but not 7 rhinopias in 12 days.
Depends what u'r looking for. I would return to Alor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom