And how do YOU check your computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only knew Delta P VR3 came with game will doing deco stop...

JahJahwarrior:
You know you've missed the point of diving when you spend your time underwater typing up word docs.
Actually, the option to get a bit of work done while doing long decompression hangs would be great. Somehow the VR3 octopus game doesn't really look like it will keep me amused for an hour.

Okay, I can see it now... Someone's gonna come up with a DIY housing for something like a Sega Game Gear and its ilk...

That's what I love about SB...you never know where a thread is actually going to take you.

By the way, that computer video is flipping hilarious! It will probably come to that, won't it?

And to those who asked...I just referenced the computer as the most common method for gauging ascent rate. I also watch my standard depth gauge and timer. Sure, bubbles can also be used, too, as long as 1) you don't trust that old saw about ascending as fast as the slowest bubbles and 2) you are not in an area prone to upwelling (or sinking) currents. Bubbles will be unreliable in those conditions.

... I was in a HAM radio class a few years ago and a lady in the back of the class mentioned, "I don't understand why they call them 'AM' stations when they come in better at night."

JahJahwarrior:
I mean really though, wouldn't we all love to play with our Yahoo while diving?

What does playing with your yahoo have to do with computers?

JahJahwarrior:
I mean really though, wouldn't we all love to play with our Yahoo while diving?
I never tire of "playing with my yahoo" but I can break away long enough to complete a dive. :eyebrow:

Joe

Please NO non dive computers underwater.....I think this is a slippery slope, whats next Cell phones under water. Told my boss I learned to dive instead of golf because my phone doesn't work under water.

Edit: Sarcasm :ROFL

Well as long as Bill Gates:eyebrow: does not mess them up they could be nice.
I would not like XP for my pro plus 2

And when you get a blue screen that say's please press ctrl-alt-del
you are in deep trouble:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom