Anilao trip report - Buceo June 1 to June 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diopter just flips up out of the way of the strobe.. Do you have your strobe on some sort of arm or just mounted on the cold shoe on top of the housing?
I do not think it would interfere with the strobe. It actually flips out to the left and not up.

I have the strobe on 2 arms (5+8inch) so that should be ok, but my focus light is on the hot shoe (ball + clamp attached to hot shoe) -- that might be in the way, but you've pointed out the diopter slide more to the left, so shouldn't create a shadow.

Thanks for the trip report and posting your pics. Pretty much a carbon copy of mine a few months ago concerning the resort, BUT man you saw so so many more critters than I did!! June definitely seems to be a better month to go.

Concerning the whole Lembeh vs Anilao ..... if you love muck you just have to do BOTH!!!
Been to Lembeh 3 times and would go again in a heart beat.

Thanks for the trip report and posting your pics. Pretty much a carbon copy of mine a few months ago concerning the resort, BUT man you saw so so many more critters than I did!! June definitely seems to be a better month to go.

Concerning the whole Lembeh vs Anilao ..... if you love muck you just have to do BOTH!!!
Been to Lembeh 3 times and would go again in a heart beat.

Thanks :) We did stay there an dive 45 times over 14 days, often diving the "muckiest" sites 4 times. Every time we dove a site we found more critters. On our last dive alone (the pics are chronological) we saw a Blue Ringed Octo they hadn't spotted before (so a new one like they said), a pipehorse fish we hadn't seen, a couple of cuttlefish having a good time, a bunch of bluespoted ray hanging out, 2 flamboyant cuttlefish, our second orangutan crab of the trip, best shots of 2 sheep nudis hanging out on the same leaf and probably more. And yet, we had dived that site 4 times already, if memory serves well that was the fifth and most of these critters we had not seen there before. That last dive was honestly overwhelming.

All this to say, it took a lot of dives to see what we saw and some were really uneven - the last 4 days were far from the experience we got on the the first 10 days, choppier waters and much less critters. If we had stayed a single week over that period and moved to a different location, it would have been quite a different experience.

I like to think we weren't lucky because that scares me our next trip might not be as exciting hehe :wink:

Thanks for this report. I'm there next week, and I booked it without reading up too much on buceo. I love me some critters and I'll be there a week, and then on to Puerto Galera. I've also done Lembeh and Dumaguete so it will be interesting to see how we go.

Back
Top Bottom