Anilao Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very interesting read, thanks for sharing - and awesome pics!

Any thoughts from the frequent travelers on how long it would take for the reef to return to its former glory? We're looking at Buceo for late May early June and I'm a bit worried reading about the devastation. Thanks!

Epic for me because I saw my first Halimeda Ghost Pipe!

This little guy and the purple weedy are right at the top of my wish list!! I hope they stick around for 4 weeks! Counting the days down till we arrive in Buceo Anilao. Also hope the extra few weeks gives the critters more time to find their homes again after being bashed by the cyclone.

Thanks for the trip report WetPup and if I see most of the critters you spotted I'd be pretty happy.

I will be with the kids (4yr old and 18month old) anything I should remember to bring or anything I should know before I go?

The villas all have high balconies if you are in a room on the upper level. See if you can get a room on the lower level if you have young kids who might try to climb. The latches on the sliding glass doors to the upper level balconies are very very easy to unlatch.

Very interesting read, thanks for sharing - and awesome pics!

Any thoughts from the frequent travelers on how long it would take for the reef to return to its former glory? We're looking at Buceo for late May early June and I'm a bit worried reading about the devastation. Thanks!

I saw no damage from the typhoon when I was there. The house reef at Buceo is a muck site, and a pretty good one at that. I dove it a few times and was pleased with the critter count on it.

Al, yes I was able to shoot some photos of the purple weedy along with a huge translucent weedy at the same site.
Hope it sticks around for you.

The villas all have high balconies if you are in a room on the upper level. See if you can get a room on the lower level if you have young kids who might try to climb. The latches on the sliding glass doors to the upper level balconies are very very easy to unlatch.
Thanks. Good point on the balconies, both my boys are half monkey (probably from my side of the gene pool :monkeydance: )! I'll also keep an eye on those latches!

Dirtfarmer - good to hear!!

I'm heading back in June :bounce::yeahbaby::bounce:

Not that my trip over new year was bad, but I want to check it out again and give it another chance :)

2 weeks in Anilao followed by another 2 weeks in Lembeh. Need to buy some extra SD cards for my camera...

I'm heading back in June :bounce::yeahbaby::bounce:

Not that my trip over new year was bad, but I want to check it out again and give it another chance :)

2 weeks in Anilao followed by another 2 weeks in Lembeh. Need to buy some extra SD cards for my camera...

4 weeks of diving!!! Frik!! Did you both quit your job AND rob a bank??!!

I just got back from Buceo Anilao... busy sorting out photo's and will put up a trip report later next week. But in short resort is great. Diving....my expectations were not really met, seems like critters still hiding after hurricane.

4 weeks of diving!!! Frik!! Did you both quit your job AND rob a bank??!!

I just got back from Buceo Anilao... busy sorting out photo's and will put up a trip report later next week. But in short resort is great. Diving....my expectations were not really met, seems like critters still hiding after hurricane.

Hahaha...Don't I wish. More like: :poke::letsparty::yeahbaby:

Shame to hear about the still missing critters though :( Hoping they creep back before June!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom