Anilao - Who To Dive With?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hydro99

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm going to Anilao with two friends in May this year. We are looking to book accomodation and diving with someone soon, and I was hoping for some recommendations here. I picked up recommendations for diving with Evolution in Malapascua off Scubaboard last year and wasn't disappointed, so I was hoping someone could give me a good tip on who to dive with in Anilao.

There will be three of us. We're all experienced divers. Two are into photography and I'd be interested in some OC tech diving if it's available.

Look forward to hearing the wise minds on Scubaboard :)

I will be going to Buceo Anilao in 5 days time. When I started shopping around for Anilao diving last year, Buceo stood out by a mile by their quick and helpful responses and now that I am actually going there, verything has been very positive. I am sure diving with them will be the same good experience and reports from those who have been with Buceo have been very good.

When I was there I dove with Club Ocellaris. Very serious dive operator with great guides. Four dives a day, some well over two hours!

I just had 5 days with Buceo Anilao, I really liked it a lot. I could not believe how good the diving in Anilao was. The guides were fantastic and the room extremely good. The food is above average for a Filipino resort , enough light non salty and non sugary meal options to get by. It is like a liveaboard on land , lots of diving available with an early start. The staff on the boats and in the resort were absolutely brilliant , couldn't do enough for you.

That's brilliant, thanks for the tips, and the link to the trip report. I'll drop Buceo and Club Ocellaris a line :)

That's brilliant, thanks for the tips, and the link to the trip report. I'll drop Buceo and Club Ocellaris a line :)
I took a group to Aiyanar Resort - the newest dive resort in Anilao and we were very impressed with the diving operation and the resort overall - a great training pool and superb gardens and landscaping. I wrote an article for Sportdiving magazine on the trip and this link will take you to it. The diving around Anilao is terrific - a big hit with the Manila crowd - often busy on weekends and quieter during the week. Cheers! Anilao - Philippines - Aiyanar Resort July 2014

Dived with Buceo Anilao last November. We went to some great sites; some not so great. If the resort is crowded, they will put too many divers with one guide and put too many divers for comfort in their small boats. You can (as we did) pay for a private boat and guide (unless there are too many people at the resort and they can't get enough boats). I prefer five or fewer divers per guide. The rooms are also arranged up a hill. The highest is about 300 steps above the dive center or restaurant. That said, I would probably go back with them again. The food is good.

Just got back from the Philippines. Buceo Dive Resort are absolutely fantastic in every way and very nice dive facilities, accommodation and guides. Good food too. Everything went according to plan and out guide, Nanie, was excellent.

Just back from my third trip to Crystal Blue Resort, and all going well there will be a fourth, fifth etc.

I have always had my own boat and guide, seems to be the norm with them, even when traveling solo unless you want to share with other divers. This time there were two of us, both nudiholics, we had a ball.

Back
Top Bottom