anti caustic canisters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not CCR certified, maybe in the very distant future, but i'm curious: how do you know it is happening? Like a weird taste in your mouth, and higher breathing resistance?

Lol, weird taste. That’s funny. Imagine drinking acid, only it’s not acid. It’s basic (alkaline)

Cis-lunar scrubber
Heard of this rig of course, but what's so special about the scrubber ? Does someone care to elaborate, please ? I like to go to bed each day with a piece of new knowledge.

Interesting! I did hear that the scrubber was a giant PIA to pack. Was that your experience? What made it challenging?
They are not difficult to pack, just time consuming. The lid is not spring loaded as a fudge factor to hold the sorb. The scrubber has to be packed exactly correct to prevent settling or channeling.

Joel

Heard of this rig of course, but what's so special about the scrubber ? Does someone care to elaborate, please ? I like to go to bed each day with a piece of new knowledge.
It has a hydrophobic membrane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom