Antigua?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaraGirl:
Sean - no offense taken - you are the not the first diver to make that particular assessment regarding diving the Sandals sites or rather that side of the island.

Cheers, if I ever find myself in Antigua again, perhaps you could show me some of the other great sites.

MaraGirl:
I never claimed that Antigua is a diving destination - merely that English Harbour has better diving than the side of the island where Sandals is located. Besides, I thought you stayed at Curtain Bluff when you were here and as far as I know, they don't dive English Harbour. Who did you dive with ?

Sorry my bad. I dove with the resort op out of Curtain Bluff. Southwest side not English Harbour.

Tim Ingersoll:
Sorry my bad. I dove with the resort op out of Curtain Bluff. Southwest side not English Harbour.
That's okay - and in all fairness, it's hard for me to be totally objective since I live here, though I try. With the confluence of hotels on the south-west and north-west coasts, most divers end up diving Cades and that area and come away thinking that, that is all that there is to Antiguan diving. Hence my crusade !!
Now, to go OT - I see that your location is Rochester -does that mean that you are BILLS fan ?

MaraGirl:
I see that your location is Rochester -does that mean that you are BILLS fan ?

You better believe it! We'll see if a rookie quarterback can learn on the job!

robbcayman:
We are looking at Antigua through Sandals Resort...

Been to Sandals Antigua and Sandals Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Was UNimpressed with S. Antigua, liked S. Ocho Rios very much and saw S. Dunns River Falls, looked even nicer.

Tim Ingersoll:
You better believe it! We'll see if a rookie quarterback can learn on the job!

Where in Rochester? I'm 24 yrs removed from Brighton - Go Barons!

SDNetGeek:
Where in Rochester? I'm 24 yrs removed from Brighton - Go Barons!

We live just south of Rochester in Avon.

Hmmm... it looks like I have to be in Antigua in October; MaraGirl, or anybody else, what is really worthwhile diving there? Not the regular tourist dives, hopefully something a bit out of the ordinary. Any big life? Are there any local dive gurus? Any fishermen who maybe could take me someplace unusual? I actually got certified there years and years ago, but even then I don;t remember the diving be all that fantastic.

To quote "Undercurrent Chapsbook", beautiful beachesand scenery, high-dollar hotels, and forgettable diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom