Antique, Philippines

Discussion in 'Philippine Paradise Divers' started by Babydamulag, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Babydamulag

Babydamulag Scuba Instructor

# of Dives:
    DIVE CULASI
    Want to dive where diving is considered to be the best outdoor activity in the world!?!? Come dive with the folks at Panay Explorers.

Go to: www.panayexplorers.com

2. drdanelliott

drdanelliott Photographer

Where is it from Manila? I will be in Manila and available to dive June 10-16 of 2006.

3. Babydamulag

# of Dives:
    June is a completely booked month. What about May? or September?.
    Go to the website and look at our "HOW TO GET THERE?" page. It is on the island of Panay....middle of the country....west coast.

www.panayexplorers.com

4. paolov

paolov Scuba Instructor

# of Dives:
    how does the "habagat" affect you during June to August?

5. Babydamulag

# of Dives:

Not too bad....the rains are always followed by furnace blasting heat. We had some typhoon damage last year but it was limited to the outer islands. We are technically outside the Phils typhoon belt.

6. paolov

paolov Scuba Instructor

# of Dives:
    the habagat is the southwest trade winds , how does it affect the surface waves?

7. Babydamulag

# of Dives:
    PRONOUNCIATION habágat. ENGLISH TRANSLATION. south-west monsoon
    I think you mean - AMIHAN winds coming from the North by Northeast
    Amihan is worst during the NOV-FEB timeframe

8. paolov

paolov Scuba Instructor

# of Dives:
    i mean habagat = wind coming from the sea (it is dependent on your relative position)

on panay island what part are you west side or east side of the island?

9. Babydamulag

# of Dives:
    Antique is on the West Coast of Panay (see the website). The wind pattern is seasonal. We have a strong afternoon wind coming from the North by Northeast NOV-FEB (typically 15kph to severe gusts) and very warm North to South wind (the rest of the year). We are fortunate to have Mararison Island, Batbatan Island, and Maningning (Maniguin) Islands in our municipality. We will dive on the southern ends of the islands when wind conditions create white-capping waves. We like to put our divers in the water without the threat of wave action.

10. paolov

paolov Scuba Instructor

# of Dives:

k thanks

11. Babydamulag

# of Dives:
    We like to think of our part of the Sulu Sea has "HARD CORE DIVER DIVING COUNTRY". It is our intent to provide our divers with the best diving experience they could ever have...tall order but we try.
    BOTTOMLINE - Weather in our part of the Philippines drives the train on where we dive.

12. subzero

subzero ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Do you have a dive shop opened in Culasi? or is it a dive expedition you normally schedule? The reason I'm asking, I'll in the PI last 2 weeks of December and might be able to squeeze in a trip there on the week of the 17th. I'll check back with you later this year.

13. Hank49

Hank49 Scuba Instructor

# of Dives:
    Pao, Normal habagat is mellow on that side in my experience. I dived the south of Anitque all year. But, when a typhoon has passed by to the north (like most do) it can kick up stronger waves for a short period. I actually used to surf this spot just before Miagao town...about halfway from Iloilo to Anitque but facing more south. The waves can get ....measuring from the face....4-5 feet there. This same swell hits the Anitique side too but it's bending a little and loses some of it's "juice". I actually looked for waves on that side on a good swell but couldn't find any spots.

14. Babydamulag

# of Dives:
    We are in the process of building our resort facilities. The expedition is a huge reconnassaince effort directed toward the sites we've dived. If you are in Culasi in December you'll miss me since I will be at IDC (gotta do it....my instructors give me **** all the time about being "just" a DM). Let me know your schedule.