Any buddies in Juneau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfinusa555

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there, is there anybody willing to introduce me to Alaskan diving? I live in Juneau and I'm having a hard time finding people to dive with. I recently bought a super beat up old drysuit and I'm dying to get out there and enjoy the likely leaky thing. I don't need an instructor or anything like that since I'm familiar with how a drysuit works, but you would have to be patient with me while I acclimate. I lost exact count but I have 70 something dives mostly in California in a 7mm. I've heard Auke Rec is a great starting point but I'm hesitant to go solo in a location that is unfamiliar with an exposure suit that is unfamiliar. It seems like it's those little things combining that often turn in to big problems in the Accidents and Incidents forum. My schedule varies from day to day since I just took a job guiding whale watching trips, but if you are going out anyway and don't mind me joining up last minute, I'd be happy to show up with your favorite beer in hand. :D

Nobody? I'm having dive withdrawals, so I guess I'll have to go solo. I talked to Phil at the dive shop and supposedly Auke Rec is super simple. I'm currently between jobs so if anyone is going out at any time and doesn't mind me tagging along let me know!

Nope. He said he might get a dive club going by next summer, or a forum on his website sometime this winter, but he's way too busy now. I guess a bunch of students at UAS are getting certified this fall. I'll have to find some of them.

Go here -

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/scubajuneau

The board is way dead but most of the active divers in Juneau are on there and postings there will read by them in email. You have to join and I am the admin so I'll let you in with the correct answer (99801).

My son and I may start diving a little for the next few weeks while we wait for Ski season, If we have room for a 3rd, I can let you know.

Dave

Hey levergun! I definitely am still looking for buddies. I am going to respond to your private message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom