Any Housing for a Canon Elura 100 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harley1962

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a like-new Canon Elura 100 Digital VideoCam that was given to me about a year ago.

I would like to try UW Video, but have been unsuccessful in locating ANY company that makes a housing / light system for it---at least one that works up to 130 Ft.
Apparently, most housings are made only for "top of the line" models and I guess this model is not one of them...

Can anybody please help? Links, or prices would be appreciated!
Thanks,
HB

I have the same question and was just getting ready to do a search. The closest one I've found is an Ikelite housing for the elura 90 but I'm not sure how similar the models are:( . According to their site the 6061 fits the Elura models 80, 85 and 90 but again, no listing for the 100. I was also going to see if I could contact Ikelite to understand if they're going to produce one for the Elura 100. If I hear back soon, I'll repost.

Since there's no LANC port on your camcorder any of the electronic housings won't work. I think you have 2 or 3 options.

I'd bet Equinox makes one. Your camera would fit in a Pro-Pak 6 and their controls are all mechanical so I'm sure they could fit something up.

A basic Aquatix model. All you'll get is start/stop control though. It's a tube with a single electro-mechanical switch.

AquaVideo might make one also. But they have a pretty basic control set.

Links to all are here.
I was also going to see if I could contact Ikelite to understand if they're going to produce one for the Elura 100.
Ikelite - (317) 923-4523

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom