Anybody Know How to add Hydraulic Fluid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great sources, thanks.

Herman, if that actually screws on, that would be perfect.

Surprised the mechanic did not know about these. he told me I would need to haul out. Honda 90 issues, you'd think would be straight forward. We don't have enough mechanics here, it's a labor issue.

Not sure if it will screw in the TT pump because it's intended for the lower unit oil. In any case you, need one to service the lower unit and you can easily remove and replace the screw on piece. It's press fit on the plastic tubing. You can also remove the tubing and add a lot longer section if you need to.

Plenty mechanics just not enough that are honest. JUST SQUIRT THE STUFF IN!

JUST SQUIRT THE STUFF IN!

It will spill in the water if I don't have a seal at the mouth. Trust me, I tried.

Do you really think I would be here looking at all these links if I could just shoot it in?

GEEZ. Not like you are here to hold the rag. Bully.

a teaspoon is not going to kill anything, IF you do spill any. Those pumps you get at West Marine will have a hose and fitting that will insert into the fill hole.........it wont screw down( thus no back pressure ) but will fit into the hole so you should really have no leaking go on.......

catherine96821:
It will spill in the water if I don't have a seal at the mouth. Trust me, I tried.

Where do you think the fluid that leaked out went?

catherine96821:
Do you really think I would be here looking at all these links if I could just shoot it in?

Squeeze it in, squeeze it

catherine96821:
GEEZ. Not like you are here to hold the rag. Bully.

If a little spill is your concern take trash bag and wiggle it up over the prop / lower end, now you have a way to contain any sheen. Mop it out. Take a little spray bottle of simple green along. If you do something ugly spray some on the "slick"

Good luck,

Tobin

Mosquito control used to be performed by atomizing diesel fuel in the swamps. A monomolecular layer is all that's required. I don't believe this method is still in use.

Oil from transformers used to be used to control dust on playgrounds. Nice clear clean oil, cept of course for the PCBs. Life was much easer when we had no enviroment.

I always keep one of these aboard to cover the fuel vents while fueling, and I’ve found that one can creatively attach them to places other than the hull side and work down through the open cap to capture any possible spills.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc.../0/fuel spills/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/0/0

You can also cut up a small oil absorber sheet and tape it below the fill hole to catch any possible spills.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...0/0/oil absorb/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/0/0

You DON’T want something that attaches to the reservoir airtight and then pumps fluid or you’ll risk creating enough backpressure to mess up the check valves on the hydraulic pump. Plus, you’ll have a fun time unscrewing it with the reservoir slightly pressurized – and it just may pop out spewing more fluid than you could possibly spill.

here is what you do. Take the tube off of the pump designed for lower unit oil. It screws in perfectly to the port in the tilt pump after you remove the screw. It is the same size as the ones on your lower unit. Replace the pump with a funnel. Pour in the fluid until it stops going in. Then begin to raise and lower the engine to purge any air from the system. At first, it will pull the fluid, and then you will see the air coming out. Start putting in less and less as it begins to fill to capacity. I keep raising the engine up and down until no more bubbles come out. It takes 2 people, one to hold the funnel and one to tilt the engine up and down.

Pour the remaining fluid out of the funnel before unscrewing the hose. Otherwise, you will make a mess. Don't ask how I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom