Anybody Using Geewhiz Condom Catheters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattPSI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I am very inexperienced with condom catheters and p valves. I used Rochester WideBands a few times and was able to get them off reasonbly well with adhesive remover. It was a tedious and painful process and took a thin layer of skin off in a couple small areas . I noticed one mention of a diver on the internet using the GeeWhiz catheters which are applied without adhesive. Sounds to good to be true. But I felt compelled to ask if anybody has tried or is currently using that system. For reference: An External Male Condom Catheter Urinary Device That's Medicare Approved

Rochester Widebands here, magnum.

I've just never seen the problem with getting a Rochester wideband off fairly easily and comfortably, but I hear all kinds of guys whining about it.

Just gently pull away at a 90 degree angle to the skin, and work your way around to get it started evenly. If needed, use a finger tip to push the skin away from the catheter at the interface between the two.

The problems start when you try to pull it off and the skin starts rolling with it.

I wipe things off first with alcohol to remove skin oil before putting the catheter on to ensure the adhesive adheres well and it stays securely on all day over a couple of long dives,

Rochester widebands and man-up. Seriously, if you really want to see pain and suffering just ask the distaff side of this issue.

If you have a true thin-skinned medical reason or are just a puss, use a bit of neosporin.

No offense, just a bit of humor. We guys have it easy. The gals will clue you in, just ask...
Gotcha. I can see your point for sure. I'm cool with "sticking" with widebands, but remain curious if there may be more optimal alternatives. So far the widebands have both came loose/off unintentinally, and ironically been difficult to remove in some cases. I'm sure my technique will evolve over time to improve the overall results. I may try the bandage scissors idea. Maybe should use whiskey instead of adhesive remover to improve my machismo points?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom