Anyone Been On The My Liburan In Halmahera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divenski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm considering a 9 night trip on the MY Liburan, which goes to South Halmahera, as the Weda Resort is booked for our time frame. We'll do a week at Bangka visiting friends first. Their website is in German and most of it has English as well, but the last post here was in 2010 and this is a new boat, built in 2011. Apparently most of the guests are European. Has anyone been on this boat or know where I can find trip reports or reviews? We'd be there in late September. Thanks!

Here's the site: Dive Safari: M/Y Liburan Paradise / Indonesia

oddly enough ive been talking to them about the exact same departure! would love to hear what anyone has to say as well

I did get a link today to reviews... In German. Thanks to Google translate I was able to read them. See Extra Divers Liburan Paradise - Taucher.Net. I have sent a few more questions but havent heard back. Are you talking to the guy at Manado Day Tours or the company in Europe? I'm still interested in hearing any Scibaboard member's reviews or reports tho.

I have a friend who did Halmahera aboard a boat called Tambora, said it was fantastic! From what I can see of her photos, I'd have to agree. I looked at the website and considering it for a future trip, but their schedule has them moving around Indonesia, so I'm not sure if your dates would work?

She mentioned the owner lives on the boat and seemed to know Halmahera pretty well, said he'd been going there for 6 years or so?

I did get a link today to reviews... In German. Thanks to Google translate I was able to read them. See Extra Divers Liburan Paradise - Taucher.Net. I have sent a few more questions but havent heard back. Are you talking to the guy at Manado Day Tours or the company in Europe? I'm still interested in hearing any Scibaboard member's reviews or reports tho.
Thanks for the link...sending you a pm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom