Anyone familiar with ScubaPro MK3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please, before your next dive is your last dive, don't try to repair a regulator yourself. Unless your certified as a Scubapro Repair tech and your using Scubapro repair kit don't mess with the regulator, your life is not worth the risk you would face if you didn't repair it correctly.

This gave me a big smile this morning! You go h2onutz! :rofl3:

Everybody needs a good dose of "You'll shoot your eye out" or the profession-equivalent version sometime around Christmas! :D

...Snip.... Now I just need to find the proper size piston head o-ring so I can re-build it.

Forgive me for reviving an old thread and being lazy-I'm in a coffee shop so I cannot measure it right now. What is the size of the piston head o-ring for a MK 3? How about a MK 200?

Thanks,

Couv

Last edited:
Forgive me for reviving and old thread and being lazy-I'm in a coffee shop so I cannot measure it right now. What is the size of the piston head o-ring for a MK 3? How about a MK 200?

Thanks,

Couv

the Mk3 takes a 2-019. the Mk200 takes a 2-023.

Please, before your next dive is your last dive, don't try to repair a regulator yourself. Unless your certified as a Scubapro Repair tech and your using Scubapro repair kit don't mess with the regulator, your life is not worth the risk you would face if you didn't repair it correctly.

Too late. . . .

Ok - guys - I have what I thought was a 2nd gen Mk5 but the Mk 5 service kit is wrong - the A242 Teflon seat is too big to fit in the retainer cap of my reg. The bullet piston insertion tool is to large to fit inside the piston stem.

The piston head is about the size of a quarter, though.
What in the heck to I have here - a Mk 3? Scratching my head

I'd think you could tell the difference between those:
MK-3:
upload_2016-4-21_17-28-37.png

MK-5:
upload_2016-4-21_17-29-49.png

Last edited:
Ok - guys - I have what I thought was a 2nd gen Mk5 but the Mk 5 service kit is wrong - the A242 Teflon seat is too big to fit in the retainer cap of my reg. The bullet piston insertion tool is to large to fit inside the piston stem.

The piston head is about the size of a quarter, though.
What in the heck to I have here - a Mk 3? Scratching my head

Provide a more complete description or better yet a picture and we can tell you what you have.

Thanks - can't get to the Reg at the moment.
Small diameter piston stem, quarter size piston head
Swivel, small ambient holes
3000 psi yoke -
O ring on outboard end between seat and cap (relief cut into cap)
I'll post pictures later

You are talking with at least one diver who has been diving for 57 years now. The reference to the next dive being my last is humorous, to say the least.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom