Anyone have experience with the Mares Genius? Monitoring multiple transmitters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sirish19

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I have my AOW license and have recently gotten my 16-year-old son licensed as well. I have the Tusa IQ1204 dive computer that I am fairly happy with. As I have taken my son diving a little more recently (and we'll probably dive a little more this summer), I am considering getting him his own computer. I initially thought about just getting him the same model computer as mine, however, I have recently seen the Mares Genius that looks very nice, and thought about the option of upgrading mine and give him my current computer.

The full color and bright display with the Genius looks really nice and seems very easy to read. I sometimes have difficulty reading my computer under water although it does have a light function. Also, another feature that seems quite interesting is the air integration.

The other interesting thing with this computer is that it can monitor multiple transmitters. The information on this monitor says:

"Computer can monitor up to five transmitters at a time with optional transmitter making it a great choice for dive guides and instructors."

I thought that this might be interesting to be able to monitor my son's dive situation as well (assuming it can in fact be used like this).

My question is, does anyone here have this computer and does anyone know if you can actually monitor multiple transmitters simultaneously?

Back
Top Bottom