Anyone teaching free diving in Central Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kristi@CCDS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi there, recently it seems freediving is becoming more and more popular around my area. (My dive shop is in High Springs, FL ) I see a LOT of free diving going on around the local springs here. I am interested to coordinate with anyone who is teaching in the area from Ocala, FL north. I myself am quite interested in taking a course to improve my skills, and I would love our shop to be able to put contact info into the hands of customers who may also be interested in courses. If you are teaching around this area let me know and we can trade contacts.

There's a really excellent guy in Ft. Lauderdale. I've sent a few people there and they came back pretty happy, and with significant change in their abilities. I've often thought about doing it myself. If Ft. Lauderdale isn't too far south for you, let me know, I'll dig out his card.

There's a really excellent guy in Ft. Lauderdale. I've sent a few people there and they came back pretty happy, and with significant change in their abilities. I've often thought about doing it myself. If Ft. Lauderdale isn't too far south for you, let me know, I'll dig out his card.

If you have his info great. I hope to find someone who teaches up in this area though, even if the price is a little more.

There are several active freedive training institutions around the globe. One I am more familiar with is AIDA ( AIDA International )- I have several friends who are AIDA Instructors or Instructor Trainers here in New Zealand.

You could try posting your question on the Aida International Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aida.freediving/

There are posts there at times from organisations looking for instructors.

I run classes year around out of fort lauderdale. Here is a short video showing how I went from wearing a suit and tie into a professional freediver.

Below is a video that shows what goes on during my 3 day course as well as testimonial from the student on his experience.

Hi Ted, I am in central florida. My kids and i love to snorkel and we spend lots of time in the springs. I am a single mommy and is interested in learning the basics of freediving and safety in the water. My dream is to go freediving in the keys and catch lobsters someday. I checked out your website for pool only beginner courses, but didn't see a schedule. And the other courses looks like it's booked for the whole year.

I don't run pool only courses any more. The good news about my courses is they are small max of 5 people per class, the bad news is they tend to sell out 3-4 months in advance. I will be adding more courses as I teach 2-4 courses a month year round. If you would like to be notified via email when I add more courses you can sign up for the newsletter @ www.Immerisonfreediving.com/newsletter

Back
Top Bottom