Anyone Up For Monterey Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_otter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone!

I'm relatively new to Monterey diving, and I'm looking to meet some like minded folks who are interested in diving together.

A bit about me - I've done about 50 dives, but 80% of them have been in warm tropical waters. I decided after coming home from the Cayman Islands in January that I just wasn't willing to wait until my next tropical vacation to dive, especially when I live so close to beautiful underwater places. So I decided to brave the cold! After a dry suit class, a few local dives, and a heck of a lot of money spent on gear, I'm hooked! The problem is that I don't know anyone else who is. :)

So, anyone up to join me on Sunday? (Or another time?) I live in San Jose, so I'm happy to either meet there or carpool from the Bay Area.

I've signed up for a GUE Fundies course starting June 4th, so I'm hoping to spend at least a few weekends in May in the water to get a bit more practice beforehand. Let me know if you want to come along!

conditions look ok this weekend, so you should try hitting up the yahoo group or the local meetup to see if anyone is heading down. i'll be at north monastery for a class, else i would buddy with you

Let's hope for a calm weekend at Monastery! Have fun with the class. Perhaps another time.

Thanks for the tip on the Yahoo group - I'll check it out.

Darn, I wish I would of seen this post earlier, I was diving in Monterey yesterday. I am probably diving next Saturday May 14th if you want to meet up? I'm alway up for diving almost any weekend, so keep me in mind for your next trip.

Sure next weekend we will be doing single tank gear check before our boat. let me know we be glad to dive and talk fundies

Back
Top Bottom