Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks ladies:) slowly but surely i'll get there! yes, hormones do NOT help! i'm on an estrogen patch, plus progesterone capsule. but my life is truly truly miserable w/out them.

hey girls, where did everyone go? lolol ok, i've lost 7.5 pounds now. 6.5 to go!!! Bonaire in 23 days now. hopefully i'll lose most of that 6.5 by then. not giving up anyway , i should get close. going to gym again tonite.

I'm here! I'm down 21 pounds, and really want to lose another 2 before we leave for Bonaire in 16 days.

Although 2 pounds in 2 weeks is definitely doable, I'm working hard to make lifestyle changes instead of "dieting", so seem to have settled into losing about 1/2 pound a week, which is a nice steady pace. So I'm totally okay with the idea of just losing 1 more pound between now and our trip. :wink:

Now when we get back from our trip, I'm going to be making friends with our treadmill and adding more regular exercise to the plan to help me get the next 25-30 pounds gone. However, since I am working hard at making lifetime changes, if it takes another year to lose the rest of the weight, I'm totally okay with that.

Yahoo!! Congratulations to donnad!!!! I looked back in this thread, can you believe you started it when you had 19 weeks until you left for Bonarie?? Back then it felt like "forever" before your trip, now you're only a couple of weeks away. :D :D :D

We're outta here in just ONE week for Bonaire and I'm more than ready to go. The sweet part is that what started as a 10 pound goal has turned into 20 pounds lost and meeting my first milestone goal. The bitter part is that I wanted to dump another 2 pounds before our trip, and I won't make that mini-goal. Oh well, it's not like I can complain about losing 20 pounds though! <LOL>

The other day I was carrying a 20# bag of dog food and realized that was exactly the amount I had taken off my body. It was a stark reality of how much weight that really is, and I felt very good about it...and a bit reenergized to see another "bag of dog food" gone off my body!!

My eating changes will continue while we're on vacation since these are lifestyle/lifetime changes I'm making, but when we return, I'll be adding some regular time on my treadmill to jumpstart the next 20# loss goal.

Congrats to everyone who lost some weight while participating in this thread!! We all deserve a big pat on the back. :) :)

thanks divemaven. every pound has been hard fought for!!! you did great!!! yes, when you pick up an item that weighs that much, it does kinda give you a reality check. i feel so much better now. i plan to enjoy my vacation, but not go crazy ya know? at least we'll be very active!! that will help. i bet you're excited.......only one week to go. i have 2 weeks, and am getting pretty excited. hope these 14 days go fast! i have plenty to do, so i think it will.

I have lost 7 pounds so far - been really going strong for 5-6 weeks. Have hit some snags, but am happy with what I've done thus far. Still have a ways to go though!

Congrats on everyone's great work and, if I don't get in here before you go - have a great trip Donnad & DiveMaven! I am super jealous!

thanks sarita! great job on your 7!!! it's so hard indeed. i have finally lost 11 or 11.5 i'm very happy with that although after vacation i want to lose about 3 or 4 more........plus i'm sure i'll gain some on vacation, but hopefully not more than 3. i'm going to enjoy my vacation but try not to go crazy ya know? we leave this evening!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom