Anyone want to help me out with my dissertation??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robh654

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Guys,

I'm in my 3rd year at university in the UK and my dissertation topic is based on how current events in the middle east region might be affecting adventure tourism, mainly diving tourism. If you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes to complete my survey I would be very grateful!!! The nature of my study means that this survey is really only open to those that are working in the area in some sort of tourism job - preferably instructors/divemasters - although all training organisations are welcome. This survey is intended for data collection so any data collected will be kept strictly anonymous.

Please keep remarks regarding the survey itself to constructive criticism instead of destructive cynicism, in a nice friendly way.

Thanks Guys!
Rob

To What Extent Are Changing Religious and Political Sentiments in the Middle East Affecting the Provision for Adventure Tourism
Participant Information Sheet​

About the study

This research will aim to determine the affect of changing political and religious attitudes on the adventure tourism industry

Some questions you may have about the research project:
Why have you asked me to take part?
Because of your unique understanding and experience of the dive industry in Egypt

What will I be required to do?
Complete a questionnaire or interview

Where will this take place?
anywhere you feel comfortable enough to be interviewed/answer a questionnaire

How often will I have to take part and for how long?
once, for a maximum time of 30 minutes

When will I have the opportunity to discuss my participation?
Yes you can discuss how your information will be used at any time

Who will be responsible for all the information when the study is over?
I will be responsible for the information at all times. Although after the study the relevant information will be kept on an encrypted computer.

Who will have access to it?
I will be the only one who will have access to all the information, however you can choose to omit or otherwise delete your information by asking.

How long will data be kept and where?
The data will be kept until the end of the research project, at which point it will be deleted

What will happen to the information when this study is over?
Information will be deleted when the study is over

How will you use what you find out?
The information will be compiled into a project, anonymity or pseudonyms will be used during the actual published study.

Will anyone be able to connect me with what is recorded and reported?
Yes, should you wish a copy of the project can be sent to you, if you leave your email or contact number with me.

How long is the whole study likely to last?
approximately 6 months

How can I find out about the results of the study?
Contact me through email or phone to receive a copy of the study

What if I do not wish to take part?
Not a problem, you can withdraw from the study at any time and any information will be deleted

What if I change my mind during the study?
You can change your mind at any time, and your information will not be used in any way

Will I need to sign any documentation?
Yes you will need to sing a participant consent form

Whom should I contact if I have any further questions?
Myself through email or forum message

Useful Contact Details: Email: yisrob@aol.com

Researcher Contact Information:

Complaints

To What Extent Are Changing Religious and Political Sentiments in the Middle East Affecting the Provision for Adventure Tourism
Participant Consent Form​

Please answer the following questions by circling your responses:

Have you read and understood the information sheet about this study? YES NO

Have you been able to ask questions about this study? YES NO

Have you received enough information about this study? YES NO

Do you understand that you are free to withdraw from this study at any time, and without having to give a reason for withdrawal? YES NO

Your responses will be anonymised before they are analysed.

Do you give permission for members of the research team to have access to your anonymised responses? YES NO

Do you give your permission for members of the research team to record your responses on video? YES NO

Do you give your permission for members of the research team to collect cortisol samples from saliva swabs? YES NO

Do you agree to take part in this study? YES NO

Your signature will certify that you have voluntarily decided to take part in this research study having read and understood the information in the sheet for participants. It will also certify that you have had adequate opportunity to discuss the study with an investigator and that all questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Signature of participant:........................................... Date:.................

Name (block letters):............................................................................

Signature of investigator:......................................... Date:.................

Please keep your copy of the consent form and the information sheet together.

Research Questionnaire​

Name:
Religion:
1. How long have you worked in the region?

less than 1 year less than 3 years less than 5 years less than 10 years more than 10 years

2. Have you noticed a change in tourism in the region?

Yes No

3. What do you perceive the change (if any) to be?

4. What factors do you believe caused the Arab Spring? (Rank below)

5. Have you noticed a different kind of people/tourist coming to the area because of the current political and/or religious climate?

Yes No

6. Do you think the eventual outcome of the unrest will benefit tourism?

Yes No

If you answered ‘No’ what do you think the eventual outcome will be?

If you answered ‘Yes’ how do you think it will benefit tourism?

7. What role do you think religion should play in the government and day to day life?

8. Do you feel the West’s current perception of the Middle East is affecting tourism? Will this benefit tourism?

9. Do you feel this perception is a fair one?

Yes No

10. Which news media do you watch/read?

11. To what extent do you believe the Media is responsible for this perception?

12. Do you feel the reports on the region are accurate?

13. Which form of media do you believe carries the most influence when it comes to civil unrest?

14. What issues that the media report on do you believe influence tourism the most? (rank below)

15. What do you believe the future of the region will hold? (eg. dictatorship, democracy, religious extremism etc..)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom