Anything new from Zeagle for DEMA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The FH6 and FH XP will be going away...

Basically, the FH7 is about 1/3 lighter than the FH6, is a better cold water reg, and should breathe a little better - although you may need a machine to really tell. Overall, I think it is just a much cooler looking reg...Jim Fox may have more points that I missed...I'll ask him.

And finally the feature I've wanted to see since the beginning... a new streamlined exhaust Tee!!

New for 2009...

Flathead 7 Regulator - new style and design, Dry Sealed for cold water use, 2 HP ports, 5 LP ports, weighs about 1/3 less than the Flathead 6, cool new second stage redesign, comes standard with a miflex hose.

Flathead LT - same as the Flathead 7, without the dry seal. A warm water version.

I believe FH VI & FH XP owners should be able to update their regulators to all the new FH 7 & FH LT features relatively inexpensively, except the 1/3 lighter body... right Scott?

Chad

There is no real plan for a trade in at this time. We probably won't even be shipping these regs until early '09.

MSRP is $690.00

The Flathead-7 first stage is made from a new stronger forging, that allows the ports to be placed in an ideal configuration for slightly improved flow capacity.

Trimming excess material from the original Flathead-VI 1st stage, left more surface area which transfers more heat from the water into the interior, improving cold water performance.

The new Flathead-7 is lighter and more compact, making it easier to handle and better for travel use.

A fifth LP port improves versatility and flexibility when mounting the Flathead-7 in different configurations.

The unsealed Flathead-LT version (above right), is one of the lightest first stage regulators in Zeagle’s line.

The matte-black body finish and lasered Logo, contrast nicely with other bright chrome parts of the Flathead-7 and Flathead-LT.

The “Z” second stage (which comes with the Flathead-7 and Flathead-LT) comes standard with a braided Miflex hose. The Miflex hose is thinner, more flexible, lighter, and has a larger internal bore than a standard rubber hose giving it increased flow capacity.

The Z housing has a matte-black smooth rubber finish that is durable and attractive.

The exhaust tee on the Z second stage is the same width at the top as the exhaust tees on other Zeagle second stages, but it is narrower on the bottom giving a trimmer profile and lighter weight.

The new front cover assembly on the Z second stage has improved venting for faster response to inhalation demands.

Personally, I think it's rather rude that you unveil this cool gear now only to make us wait until next year to get it!! Geez...........

So Scott, will you post a picture of what the new Zena pocket is going to look like?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom