AP handset button stuck on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6-7 weeks for repair is now the time they need. A friend got the same answer for another broken part.
But your unit or handset is almost new, so I would sent it back over the USA person and then it will be repaired for sure. It is just a pity you have to dive 7 weeks oc again.

Ya. A busy time of year for AP. I shipped it to the US distributor but they’re just sending it to AP in the U.K. U suggested they replace rather than repair as it’s nearly new. Time will tell.🤞

Sometimes dealers have loan units that you can dive till yours is fixed, AP UK have done this for a friend, it cost him £30 in delivery costs to rent the head. Which isnt bad at all tbh.

Sometimes dealers have loan units that you can dive till yours is fixed, AP UK have done this for a friend, it cost him £30 in delivery costs to rent the head. Which isnt bad at all tbh.
Yes, I had this in 2015 when they had problems with the cable of the 2020 handset. The first cables were crap and everybody got them broken. I have asked them 4 times to replace the cable just in case, but they refused. When mine broke, I was 2 weeks left from my full trimix instructor exam for rebreather. So they had to lend me a lid, but at the end they repaired mines fast. So I got it back right before my exam and FOC because it was warranty, less than 2 years old was the handset.

The only thing I did not like that much was that my first dives after repair were to 80 and 100m and normally I would test everything on a shallow dive. Of course I need to know how to bailout and come up safe, but even then I prefer to test it under a more easy circumstance. But they repaired mines fast because of my exam. So that was great. And otherwise they would sent me a lid from them to do the exam.

Definitely going to inquire about a loaner lid - Thank you👍

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom