Question Apeks DSX GPS issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
vikingkermit
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm not sure if I am being stupid, but there is a significant flaw in the GPS. I'm going to Malta soon, doing shore dives, and I wanted to put some of the dive sites' GPS locations into the wayfinder for my surface swims. It appears that you can only use this feature if you have previously been to the location and saved it in the computer, which seems to defeat the object of the way finder, or am I being stupid?

Your question pertains more to the waypoint function than to the GPS function.
I, however have made two Youtube videos illustrating the GPS failure to get a fix point in the Apeks DSX:

Apeks DSX GPS failing in park

Apeks DSX GPS failing 4 times in a row by the lake

• The filmed dive computer is a replacement unit, due to the first DSX unit failing consistently.
  • The first unit as well as replacement unit was upgraded to firmware 1.008 which is supposedly the "Fix GPS issue" version.
  • The replacement DSX unit, that is on camera in the above videos, also failed consistently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom