Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999

I've used a SeaCure mouthpiece on my Apeks ATX-50 regulator for a few years now.

Yet the website claims they cannot be used?

Strange. I've been using ComfoBite mouthpieces on my Apeks regs for five years, going back to the TX50s. And I'm almost positive that ComfoBite mouthpieces are made by Aqualung, in fact I'm sure they are interchangable between Aqualung and Apeks.

So I don't know why you couldn't use the SeaCure sized for Aqualung regs?

Which Apeks second is that exactly? The ATX50?

:confused:

El,
We did some testing with SeaCure on an Apeks reg and found that the design of the Apeks neck prevents a full seating of the SeaCure mouthpiece. Therefore, we don't recommend their use.

Well El Orans, you're gonna die. Better from that though than your zip-tied bolt snap! :rofl3:

El,
We did some testing with SeaCure on an Apeks reg and found that the design of the Apeks neck prevents a full seating of the SeaCure mouthpiece. Therefore, we don't recommend their use.
I'm not that worried about it coming undone.

It was a very tight fit so I had to heat the SeaCure to get it on the neck. It's unlikely to come off any time soon... :)

actually mine came off twice already..:(

Yes I asked this question of Seacure last week and this was their reply

"I am afraid that we do not recommend using a SeaCure on an Apeks. They have a little stopper or catch in the neck where the mouthpiece goes on that seems to prevent a SeaCure from seating properly."

Which I must say I thought strange given I swapped out the Apeks mouthpiece (slimey) with Aqualung Comfos without issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom