Aqua Lung ACD - Is it a gimmick or is it a deal maker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dberry,

Thanks for the input on the Titan LX. I am in the Philippines and have no intention of putting on a wetsuit beyond 3mm. :). So no need for the Supreme package.

Yeah, more than happy with the Conshelfs. Just feel like getting a new reg.

Will see if either the Titan LX or Core are available here. Just gathering inputs on the ACD engjneering wise and user experience.

Learned a lot so far.

Good thread.

I always assumed the ACD was opened by gas pressure (Clearly obvious why not when you sit down and think about it) So I've learn't something

Anyhoo I have 2 Legend Supreme and a LX set up (the LX will be replaced soon) No issues with water in 1st stage after +200 dives. They get left in my wash tank overnight.

Can't say there is any issues with breathing at depth. I've never noticed anything, but then I haven't had a none ACD to switch too and compare.

Is ACD worth the price difference, depend on the price difference I guess and the personal budget.

Dberry,

Thanks for the input on the Titan LX. I am in the Philippines and have no intention of putting on a wetsuit beyond 3mm. :). So no need for the Supreme package.

Yeah, more than happy with the Conshelfs. Just feel like getting a new reg.

Will see if either the Titan LX or Core are available here. Just gathering inputs on the ACD engjneering wise and user experience.

Learned a lot so far.

Hey when you get that new reg you can pack up all those old outdated Conshelfs and send them to me. I'll put them to good use.

Pete...our dives in the Kwajalein Atoll typically are right up conventional Recreational limits, 40m or 132 fsw. Our local dive store sells a lot of Legends with the ADC and from what I can see no one has indicated any signs of restricted air/gas flow that 5 atms. We have divers who put 300+ dives a year on them.

Some one also asked about servicing them...to service one you compress the spring and back off an Allen set screw, then replace the o-rings...too easy.

I have a large investment in the ScubaPro and Atomic companies, so I am not switching 1st stages in my fleet. But I wish my MK 25s and Z/B2s had the ADC. Then I wouldn't worry in my old age if I forgot to take my Gerital in the morning. :wink:

In all seriousness these would be great on a rental fleet of gear.

Ozziworld, an added plus is the free parts for life as long as you keep up on the service!

Our local dive store sells a lot of Legends with the ADC and from what I can see no one has indicated any signs of restricted air/gas flow that 5 atms.
You probably wouldn't notice any decreased capacity until the caca interfaced a flabellum. Panic and even near panic increases a diver's respiratory rate precipitously. I'm not suggesting that this IS a problem, but additional restrictions concern me. I would love to see flow specs with and without the device installed.

Another question. can you simply remove the device, or is it integral to the operation of the reg?

Another question. can you simply remove the device, or is it integral to the operation of the reg?

I don't think you can simply remove it and the reg would still be usable - you'll need some parts replaced (which i don't think is available). There used to be such a thing as an ACD upgrade kit which changes the older non-ACD Legend 1st stage to an ACD equipped one. But I don't think a kit is available for the inverse conversion (unless someone who did the upgrade sells the non-ACD parts)

Aqualung Legend ACD Upgrade Kit

Back
Top Bottom