Aqua Lung computer class action lawsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll join for popcorn :).

In another tread, some people were asking why the excellent german HW, producer of OSTC tek computors, were not distributed in the US.

Here, you are getting the answer.

A typical US Class action. A very questionable case: the lawyers will make tons of money, the company could go bankrupt and the customers will get peanuts.

At least I will get popcorn :dork2:

Popcorn for me too!

In US have they replaced dive buddies and air sharing with lawyers?

I experienced my life's first out of air situation recently. My buddy (a stranger I was paired up with on a boat dive) with double tanks ran out of air shortly after we turned back and started ascending from 28 meters. I was really surprised as I had verified before the dive that he had full tanks and as I had a single tank only I really thought I would run out of air first and planned the dive accordingly. But **** can happen and we were trained to share air and so we did and ascended safely and still plenty of air in reserve. I have not had an equipment failure yet, but I always anticipate any piece of equipment can fail and I have a backup solution, like I was trained to have, sort of. I said sort of, because divers do actually pass the training and get certificated divers even though they would not understand what a backup means. I would never trade my backup systems for a lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom