Aqua Lung Rogue BCD and Sidemount capability.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhubacek0914

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m getting ready to start side mount training and diving of course. I use the rogue BCD and wanted to know if it is capable to use it for side mount applications or do I just need to buy a dedicated BCD and harness for side mount? Any and all help is appreciated on this subject. I called AL and they had no idea lol. So I figured I would reach out and see what others have to say on this subject.

I’m getting ready to start side mount training and diving of course. I use the rogue BCD and wanted to know if it is capable to use it for side mount applications or do I just need to buy a dedicated BCD and harness for side mount? Any and all help is appreciated on this subject. I called AL and they had no idea lol. So I figured I would reach out and see what others have to say on this subject.
Absolutely not. Surprising that Aqualung didn't tell you that. And BS that they didn't.
You will need a dedicated BC and regs for sidemount. A good (and ethical) SM instructor will not let you sign up for class or take your money without going over the equipment requirements.
Figure on somewhere north of $1000 on top of the course cost to get started. That's on the low side with some of that maybe being used gear.

Absolutely not. Surprising that Aqualung didn't tell you that. And BS that they didn't.
You will need a dedicated BC and regs for sidemount. A good (and ethical) SM instructor will not let you sign up for class or take your money without going over the equipment requirements.
Figure on somewhere north of $1000 on top of the course cost to get started. That's on the low side with some of that maybe being used gear.
Okay. Awesome. I’ll start researching some. Yes my instructor did say I may need a new one. He is not familiar with my BC 100% but he told me to get one for SM. And yea the lady I talked to on the phone was in sales and she told me she wasn’t really familiar with side mount equipment yet. I think she was a little new. It’s all good though. Thanks for the replies

Okay. Awesome. I’ll start researching some. Yes my instructor did say I may need a new one. He is not familiar with my BC 100% but he told me to get one for SM. And yea the lady I talked to on the phone was in sales and she told me she wasn’t really familiar with side mount equipment yet. I think she was a little new. It’s all good though. Thanks for the replies
XDeep Stealth Rec with Tec Harness
Hollis Katana K2
Razor 4
…maybeee Dive Rite Nomad Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom