Aqua Lung Rogue Tank Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffsky29

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I own a large Aqua Lung BCD, for a few years. I always dive a steel 100 tank, with 8lbs of weight. I really like this BC, except I deal with one issue on every dive. The tank always feels like it is on my right or left side, rather than the middle of my back. I am constantly jerking the BC, to get the tank centered. I would prefer to resolve this issue rather than start shopping for a new BC.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Were you able to resolve the tank movement?
Is it because there is a lot of unsupported tank below the aqua lung tank strap?

Thanks,

Jeff

How tight is your waistband? Steel tanks will feel wobbly compared to aluminum tanks because they are less buoyant.

The problem is that the Rogue, I think, like the Zuma and a number of other BCs designed for easy packing and travel, has a soft plate. A very negative steel 100/80 will tend to flop side to side as a result. The solution is to use an aluminum 80/64 but that may not work for you. The other solution is a BC with a hard plate incorporated in the design or a BP/wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom