Aqua Lung Titan Quick Release Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnnV

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would love to replace the hose on my Titan to a braided hose.. however it as a quick release and I can not find anything braided for this reg. YUG! Any help please.

What's the purpose of a quick-release second stage? Not being facetious, just never heard of it.

Thanks so much!!!
0722161457b.jpg
0722161456.jpg

This is the connector for the Apeks Flight... looks similar but I don't think they're the same. On the Flight you press on the ring on the second stage side to release the locking mechanism

This is the connector for the Apeks Flight... looks similar but I don't think they're the same. On the Flight you press on the ring on the second stage side to release the locking mechanism

No they are not the same. But the first solution will work. A little expensive but worth it for 2 weeks of diving. I love my mares which has the braided hose. thanks again.

Not sure why the adapter is so expensive in the US. I am currently living in Belgium where stuff is often ridiculously expensive and found it at 2 dive shops for 24 Euros.

Since my wife has a calypso regulator set with qr 2nd stages I figured the adapter was a smart addition to our safe-a-dive kit in case she ever has a problem with a hose as it would be much easier to find a standard hose than it would be to find an aqualung qr hose.

In hindsight, I regret buying a regulator set with proprietary qr 2nd stage and hose fittings but at 144 Euros for the entire setup it was too good a deal to pass up and the adapter will resolve any compatibility issues with hoses in the future.

-Zef

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom