Aqualung Airsource 3 quick disconnect LP hose

Discussion in 'Regulators' started by Slmason.72, May 10, 2012.

1. Slmason.72

Slmason.72 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99

I would like to run all MiFlex style hoses on my gear. I have had no trouble with the reg hose and BCD quick connect hose. I am, however, having trouble finding one for my AirSource 3. If you're wondering where the extra hose comes into this, I have an Aqualung Dimension with i3, but also added the AirSource 3 for redundancy and streamlining. I also eliminated the high pressure hose by going with a wireless AI computer.

The AirSource 3 has what appears to be a proprietary quick connect coupling. I have been able to find two major styles of these quick connects, but not one listed to fit Aqualung. The quick connect that came with the device is not a permanent attachment to a hose, but what appears to be a 7/16-24 female to quick connect adapter. To replace this hose, I need a 3/8-24 male to 7/16-24 male hose of at least 26, but preferably 30" in length.

I have searched on line and have not even been able to find a standard rubber hose for these specs. Any thoughts?

2. couv

couv Scuba Instructor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Usually, if there is a screw in adapter, it will screw onto a standard second stage hose. 3/8 male on one end, 9/16 on the other.

If you already have the screw on adapter, you probably just need a regulator hose. Divegearexpress.com has a wide variety of hose lengths including flex hoses. Double Braided Flexible Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express If you need the screw on adapter, they may have that also on this page: BC Integrated Backup Second Stages - Dive Gear Express I think AL takes the same size as Seaquest. But it is unclear so you may want to give them a call.

3. Slmason.72

Slmason.72 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    By the way, the seaquest style did fit the aqualung. A bit hard to locate, but I found one.

Thanks for the assist.

couv likes this.