• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Aqualung Airsource 3 quick disconnect LP hose

Discussion in 'Regulators' started by Slmason.72, May 10, 2012.

1. Slmason.72

Slmason.72 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 50 - 99

I would like to run all MiFlex style hoses on my gear. I have had no trouble with the reg hose and BCD quick connect hose. I am, however, having trouble finding one for my AirSource 3. If you're wondering where the extra hose comes into this, I have an Aqualung Dimension with i3, but also added the AirSource 3 for redundancy and streamlining. I also eliminated the high pressure hose by going with a wireless AI computer.

The AirSource 3 has what appears to be a proprietary quick connect coupling. I have been able to find two major styles of these quick connects, but not one listed to fit Aqualung. The quick connect that came with the device is not a permanent attachment to a hose, but what appears to be a 7/16-24 female to quick connect adapter. To replace this hose, I need a 3/8-24 male to 7/16-24 male hose of at least 26, but preferably 30" in length.

I have searched on line and have not even been able to find a standard rubber hose for these specs. Any thoughts?

2. couv

couv Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Usually, if there is a screw in adapter, it will screw onto a standard second stage hose. 3/8 male on one end, 9/16 on the other.

If you already have the screw on adapter, you probably just need a regulator hose. Divegearexpress.com has a wide variety of hose lengths including flex hoses. Double Braided Flexible Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express If you need the screw on adapter, they may have that also on this page: BC Integrated Backup Second Stages - Dive Gear Express I think AL takes the same size as Seaquest. But it is unclear so you may want to give them a call.

3. Slmason.72

Slmason.72 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    By the way, the seaquest style did fit the aqualung. A bit hard to locate, but I found one.

Thanks for the assist.

couv likes this.