Aqualung Dimension, with out the I 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lrterry

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at the Aqualung web site and noticed they have a New Dimension. I assume this is the same as the I3 Dimension less the I 3 system. Very interested in this BC.

why?

To behave in the Aqualung forum, look at the Apeks BP/W's, much better life decision than any BC with the aqualung name on it.... seriously

Because not everyone wants to dive BP/W that's why.

Why are you being a Troll?

not being a troll. Merely asking why someone would consider an overpriced, inferior piece of equipment that is made to increase profits for dive shops and the gear mfg.... I have also yet to meet someone who went from a BP/W to a stab jacket, met a whole lot of people who went the other way....

If someone is on scubaboard it's only a matter of time before they find out about BP/W through reading. A large majority take it a step further and begin to research them. A percentage of those make the move to BP/W. Almost zero ever go back to jackets. There must be a reason.
Those that are not on SB, or any boards for that matter, probably continue to dive their jackets because that's all they know and that's all their dive shops want them to know.

The OP just heard about BP/W...

If you want to dive with an Aqualung Dimension, don't be put off by the comments here. The Dimension is a good, well-made and very comfortable back inflate BCD. It should last you for years. I have one and dive it regularly, though mine has the much maligned (on Scuba Board) I-3. I also have, and regularly dive a BP&W. I can dive either of them comfortably. Both have things that I prefer. For shore dives, the Dimension--without question. I like the extra padding while lugging a heavy tank and I can easily take off weights and make a second trip if I have lots of stairs to climb. On a boat, the BP&W has an edge because it's easier to maintain trim and it's a bit easier to get on and off, but either will work for me and it depends more on my mood which one I choose.

If you have an opportunity, try them both out. Do a couple of dives with the Dimension, and a couple of dives with a BP&W and see which one suits your needs best.

If you want to dive with an Aqualung Dimension, don't be put off by the comments here. The Dimension is a good, well-made and very comfortable back inflate BCD. It should last you for years. I have one and dive it regularly, though mine has the much maligned (on Scuba Board) I-3. I also have, and regularly dive a BP&W. I can dive either of them comfortably. Both have things that I prefer. For shore dives, the Dimension--without question. I like the extra padding while lugging a heavy tank and I can easily take off weights and make a second trip if I have lots of stairs to climb. On a boat, the BP&W has an edge because it's easier to maintain trim and it's a bit easier to get on and off, but either will work for me and it depends more on my mood which one I choose.

If you have an opportunity, try them both out. Do a couple of dives with the Dimension, and a couple of dives with a BP&W and see which one suits your needs best.

Thanks, diving with the same jacket style for the past 8 years, had a chance to try the dimension less the i3, pretty impressed with it. Local dive shop has the apex black ice, and will give it a try. Thanks for the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom