Aqualung Helix Pro Service Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrMattWill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am heading to a liveaboard and am preparing for contingencies. Does anyone know where I can find the Service Manual for an Aqualung Helix Pro regulator? ALLTHINGSDIVING has lots, but not this one. It seems to have a different diaphragm cover than most and I want to make sure I disassemble it properly if needed. Hopefully, I won't have to mess with it.

Thanks

It is the same regulator as the Core. I do not know if it uses a different face plate tool. But I can usually lay a piece of thin rubber (jar opener) down on a table and twist. The retainer underneath I can usually break free with my fingers. Sometimes they are stubborn but my fingers are more stubborn.

Unfortunately, the face plate is different than the core. Still looking if anyone has info.

As previously mentioned, the Helix is just a rebadged Core. The only differences are aesthetic. To my knowledge, the service manuals and diagrams for the Helix have not been leaked to the public domain yet. The service of the Helix 1st and 2nd stages are the same. Despite the differences between the 2nd stage faceplates, they should come apart the same. Attached are the service manuals and exploded diagrams.

1691005207154.png

1691005098188.png

-Z

Attachments

• Aqualung Core 2nd Stage Service Manual.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 166
  • Aqualung Core 1st stage service manual.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 156
Thank you. My confusion is and was that the faceplate does not seem to be easy to remove. All the videos I've seen make it look easy. Any advice?

Also, thanks for the high resolution core service manual pages. Where can I get the entire service manual in high resolution?

Thanks

Thank you. My confusion is and was that the faceplate does not seem to be easy to remove. All the videos I've seen make it look easy. Any advice?

Also, thanks for the high resolution core service manual pages. Where can I get the entire service manual in high resolution?

Thanks

The manuals are attached as PDFs to the same post as the diagrams. To my knowledge that is the highest resolution available...I believe that is how Aqualung publishes them.

The faceplate unscrews...the manual indicates a face spanner (they call it a lug spanner) should be used. One can make a homemade version by hamerring some appropriate size nails in a board/block of wood and trimming them short, then mount the homemade tool in a vise and mount the 2nd stage and turn. It may help to give the 2nd stage a long soak in very warm water before hand. After the soak and before putting a tool to it, try turing it by hand using a sheet of rubber drawer liner for increased grip, to see if you can get the cover to break free before applying force with a tool:
1691152702404.png

-Z

Back
Top Bottom