Aqualung Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for the responses. I think this is the first piece of equipment I've ever asked about that has gotten such universally positive reviews. I'm definitely going to be buying one of these as soon as I get my income tax return.

What about a regulator? The same dive shop recommended the Aqualung ABS, but I've seen nothing but horrible reviews online. I'm leaning more toward a legend.

Thanks,

Kristopher

You mean the octo. That is one is slighly better than no air at all. :)
It will do as an octo but it's certainly not a high preformance reg.
Nothing wrong with the Legend, same internals as the Titan in a different outer package. Get the Titan LX for upgraded second stage and you have the same performance as the Legend.

Right, octo! The Legend looks pretty good. I think the octopus is decided at this point.

Kristopher

You mean the octo. That is one is slighly better than no air at all. :) ...

I'm not sure about that. My #1 son used to have a LPO (previous version), and I'd rather do an emergency swimming ascend than to breath off that thing. :D

Kristopher.
The Legend octo is a fine one. Actually, except for cosmetics, it is identical to the Titan LX second stage. The Calypso/Titan is also a good octo. Less expensive and much simpler than the Legend, it still breathes quite well. I would stay away from a "pancake" octo regardless of which name is on it.

Last edited:
Right, octo! The Legend looks pretty good. I think the octopus is decided at this point.

Kristopher

FYI, octos are purchased seperately from the first and main second stage. There is not reason at all you can not purchase the Titan or Legend octo and install it on either a Titan (LX) or Legend (LX). Either will be a little more expensive than the ABS but you will have a much better octo. What you need to understand is the way these regs are marketed. These regs are basically marketed as good- better-even better-best. What you need to understand is what the real differences are between each model. Amoung these, the Titan LX gives you an upgraded second stage without the unimportant flash of the Legend. A lot of what makes one an LX is cosmetic- shiny trim rings and such but not all is flash. The Titan LX is likely the best value. Considering there is no functional differences between the Titan first stage and Legend first stage, there is no reason to pay for the more expensive reg (unless hose routing is more to your likeing) which brings us to the second stage where reg preformance is really determined. The Titan second is a basic design, good but not the best. The Titan LX is an upgraded second stage that is internally the same as the Legend (with out the gold beauty rings). The Legend LX is also the same second stage with a few more parts added to give you an external cracking pressure knob. Nice feature but not a requirement and for a new diver it's another adjustment to complicate matters. Besides, if you have a good reg tech he can upgrade the Legend (or Titan LX) second stage with the other parts later if you wish- with or without the pretty stuff. :) IMO, upgrading to the Tital LX is worth the money for the better second stage, the Legend and more so the Legend LX are not worth the price unless you like bling.

i have just acquired an old titan lx supreme as a replacement for my travel un friendly mares abyss, only done 6 dives with it so far and i have forgotten my trusty old lump of italian brass already.

i bought a brand new ABS a few weeks ago, i have done 6 dives already without any problems, due to do a lot more over the next few weeks, will keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom