Are the Silversides in this year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finbar127

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading back to Grand Cayman on Thursday. Anyone know if the Silversides are at Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto yet?

We did not see them the week of June 4. We were told they don't seem to be there anymore.

If you go to Alex's Alley which is on the west end of the north wall, the silversides are currently there. The dive site itself is a "chimney," so on the top of the wal there is a hole in the reef at about 60', you drop through it then break out on to the wall at about 100.' Currently, the short distance of the swim through is filled with silversides making an awesome start to the dive.

They were recently in the Kittiwake too but currently not there.

I don't know about Eden Rock sorry

Thanks for the replies. I was talking to the guy at Eden Rock last August and he said they hadn't been there in the last two years. If they are not there I will probably shore dive at Turtle Reef.

I have a few boat dives scheduled. Hopefully we can checkout Alex's Alley or another site where they may be but you know how that goes.

Thanks

I have a few boat dives scheduled. Hopefully we can checkout Alex's Alley or another site where they may be but you know how that goes.

Thanks

If by any coincidence you are booked in with Divetech then let me know as I am one of their boat captains and will happily take you to Alex's Alley.

If by any coincidence you are booked in with Divetech then let me know as I am one of their boat captains and will happily take you to Alex's Alley.

I'm not booked with Divetech but thank you for the offer.

Why don't you call Eden Rock once you are on the island.

OK, so a buddy of mine runs a pretty cool website called Idive that gives video tours of Cayman's dive sites, when I replied to you earlier I was gonna give a link to the Alex's Alley review but when I went onto the site I noticed there wasn't one. As such, I got in touch with my buddy - Jason, also owner of Ambassador Divers here on the island and told him that right now would be a good time to get over to the dive site to film the silversides, here's what he came up with

Alex's Alley | Scuba Diving Videos in North Side | iDive Cayman

Scoobydrew if you could keep them there for 26 more days, it would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom