Atlantis Dumaguete Pre-invasion 05-03 Til 05-15-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfaith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are diving, diving and diving no time for much else... eat and sleep maybe
MICR0162Flambouyant Cuddle.JPG
Flambouyant CuttleFish
MICR0031 Peacock Mantis Shrimp.JPG
Peacock Mantis Shrimp (The Boxer)
. Hope the Invasion goes as well as our dives have. Here is a taste..

Last edited:
Adding one more filmed 05-10-16 on dive Palton Wall Norte, Siquijor Island . Snapshot converted from video. BLUE RING OCTOPUS
Blue Ring Octopus.jpg
This little dude was a really cool find for me.. Picture quality not the greatest but I will take it.

Last edited:
Good luck the "Blue Ring Octopus" will be your challenge with the Flambouyant next difficult. But you will see large numbers of Nudi's, Frog-Fish of every size and color, and many regular Cuttle-Fish. I have a pretty good video of a Mantis Shrimp not more than 2" long with two holes in the sand. He would come out of one and flare up at me then exit and come up in the other hole and challenge me again "Great Fun". The one in the picture above was about 5 to 6 inches quite a bit larger.

Try to make both island trips to Apo (bubbles from sand and great coral) and Siquijor (nice 80-100 foot walls) they are really nice three tank boat trips. The Oslob Whale Shark snorkel trip I will skip next time, but I guess I am glad we did it once.. "Do Not Touch" the Whale Sharks even if they bump into you.. Don't reach out with your hand and touch them or you will be out $ 2500 pesos like the lady in our party did. The Mandarin Dive is right at twilight or sun set and they are some tough little buggers to get good pictures or video of, but we enjoyed watching them pop out and back in the coral rubble. DM (Wharfi) can get you right on them we saw 30 or 40 but they are fast little devils. Oh Wharfi, has a good idea where the little Blue Ring was spotted too. Good diving have fun in the low current.. Only one of our dive had any current to speak of and we called that one early, and we only went lower than 80 feet once on one dive out of thirty something. Water temperature was 82 to 84 degrees.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom