Atomic Comfort Swivel hose onto a Poseidon XStream or Jetstream...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1682615592015.png

The standard hose always seemed too short and pulled on mouth piece to suit may comfort level. On my reg and a few others now we went to flexible myflex hose (available in multiple lengths) and a 90degree swivel which has proven both comfortable and reliable. My hose is long enough to tuck under my arm in tight places and when in close quarters. On thing you need additionally is a gland nut that goes on before the swivel. I just spent an hour looking through parts invoices to give you the part number but could not find it. I got all parts from scuba.com and got the right gland nut by calling their shop and talking to a tech. He new exactly what I needed off the top of his head and it was delivered in just a few days.

Finally, my pimped-out Atmosphere mask with Fibonacci's fine adaptor, and the Atomic swivel hose.

Wow, the thought of a bit more neck movement with my FFM, was a dizzying prospect after so many years.

Sadly, I cannot immediately test it out as planned, since the oh, so pricey hose with stainless steel fittings leaks like a damn sieve, at the crimped ball end; and the retailer -- wait for it -- wants me to ship it back on my dime, to the tune of almost US 20.00 . . .

Attachments

• 40FAADBB-4334-49DE-B6F3-72A466E9349C.jpeg
    40FAADBB-4334-49DE-B6F3-72A466E9349C.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 69
View attachment 781192
The standard hose always seemed too short and pulled on mouth piece to suit may comfort level. On my reg and a few others now we went to flexible myflex hose (available in multiple lengths) and a 90degree swivel which has proven both comfortable and reliable. My hose is long enough to tuck under my arm in tight places and when in close quarters. On thing you need additionally is a gland nut that goes on before the swivel. I just spent an hour looking through parts invoices to give you the part number but could not find it. I got all parts from scuba.com and got the right gland nut by calling their shop and talking to a tech. He new exactly what I needed off the top of his head and it was delivered in just a few days.
Be aware that Piranha has a 120 angle ball swivel adaptor as well, so you can just get it all in one piece.

I cannot tell exactly what you did in that picture, but it looks like a double adaptor.

Long collar OEM Atomic to Poseidon adaptors now released... Gloss or Satin Nickel

Short collar Universal still in development...

Attachments

• Atomic to Poseidon adaptors long vs short collar 2.JPG
    Atomic to Poseidon adaptors long vs short collar 2.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 58
With many thanks (again) to @Fibonacci , that OmniSwivel hose repair kit from Trident works perfectly with Atomic hoses!
20230706_174704.jpg

Unfortunately, Trident doesn't sell just the OS-HRK-ZM male ends. Just the whole kit for both male and female ends: OS-HRK-S
So it wasn't cheap ($70).
But with several extra Comfort Swivels going to waste at $150 apiece, I now have the lengths I want for my Atomic Comfort Swivel necklace AND (thanks to @Fibonacci ), his new adapter to add the right length Comfort Swivel to my Jetstreams and XStreams.
If anyone needs me to order the OmniSwivel hose repair kits for their (too long) Atomic Comfort Swivel hoses, just DM me. This is a lot lighter and shorter than adding an Omni-Swivel adapter to a Jetstream/XStream hose connector, a la post #14. Less lever arm of weight out to the side. I could never keep the Jetstream from twisting sideways even with the hose angled straight down.

Back
Top Bottom