Atomic ss1 inflator - seat adjustment question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johndiver999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently started using a used SS1 Atomic (titanium) regulator/inflator. It is freeflowing just a tiny bit.

I know with a "normal" SP Air 2, I can insert an allen wrench, press the purge, screw the oriifice down a little tighter and as long as it doesn't breath "too" hard, I am good to go.

Is the Atomic the same? Is there in easy adjustment to stop the occasional bubbling in my ear?

Thanks!

Check page 49 it shows where the orifice adjustment is.

Attachments

• atomic_repair_procedures_2003_ss1.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 256
I got it figured out I think. That thing is pretty touchy on the adjustment. The plastic seat height adjustment collar threading into the barrel is so easy to turn, I wonder if it would be subject to vibrating loose and losing adjustment.

I got it figured out I think. That thing is pretty touchy on the adjustment. The plastic seat height adjustment collar threading into the barrel is so easy to turn, I wonder if it would be subject to vibrating loose and losing adjustment.
I've felt the same way, so for my SS1 tuning, I put a dab of the Chesterton GOLDEND PTFE grease that Scubapro uses on the Mk25 adjustment screw, on the threads of that sleeve, to keep it where I put it.

Chesterton 900 GoldEnd Paste

Attachments

• MK25 ADJUSTMENT SET-SCREW PASTE.pdf
    397.9 KB · Views: 96
Never heard of the stuff. thanks for the tip. For someone (like me) who shall we say, is willing to adjust things without full knowledge, it is especially tricky because I am going through my drawar of allen wrenches, try to find one long enough and of the right size that "feels" like it is grabbing. You get essentially zero feedback, so you are turning the adjustment, but it feels like the allen wrench is too large or too small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom