Atomic Venom Mask: Worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had the chance to use the Venom, Frameless 2, and DGX Ultra View Frameless. If money is no object, I pick the DGX. The DGX and the Frameless 2 have about the same view and the Venom has more of the nose pocket in your field of vision. All three sealed well for me. I could not tell the difference in the glass quality of the three in a 12 ft pool with afternoon shade. The Frameless 2 squirted water in my eye from the nose pocket every time I cleared the mask. The DGX cleared easily with no squirting. YMMV, as each will seal and fit your nose differently.

The Atomic Venom is what they claim it is. But paying extra for a super clear lens that's about the be coated in Sea Gold gel and snot, isn't all that special. And the straps, might be too soft.

My $25 DGX mask works just as well. And I like the DGX strap and tensioner better.:
DGX Ultra View Frameless Mask | Dive Gear Express®

Reactions: mdb
I tried the DGX and the Frameless 2. DGX didn't fit my face. So I went with the frameless. Just returned from 2 weeks of diving. After 54 dives I couldn't be happier with it and best part was I got it for 82.99 at LP

My husband has a very hard to fit face. Me, not at all. He'd pay $1,000 for a mask that fit him without leaking. But on a recent trip to Coz, he told the people on the boat of his plight, and a fellow diver offered my husband his CHEAP spare mask to try. Ugly as hell. But guess what? It did not leak!!! And guess what make it was? "CHEAPO"! It was actually called "CHEAPO"! Yup, some generic brand of mask. Apparently, the dive shop uses that type of mask as their rental fleet. :acclaim:

Masks are so personal - it's worth it if it works for you.
100% agree

I use Atomic Frameless masks and these:
dx-401106-uc_1.jpg
for 25 bucks from DGX.
I have been using both atomic frameless and venon defenely venon fits much better

If the fit works for you and you enjoy a high end quality product then it is worth it.

I would pay nearly twice for an Atomic Frameless, in fact I did because I bought a spare.

N

I have heard some great things about the Mares x-vision mask.

The Mares X-Vision is my third most favorite mask, number two is the Scubapro Frameless and number one is the Atomic Frameless.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom