Attaching Doubles Through Wing Into Backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dont use a single tank wing with doubles. you can bend the backplate doing that.

I agree, use double wing for twins.

However, I have never seen a wing bend a plate, either ss or ali. Not sure how you will get enough pressure in the wing to force the plate to bend??

I agree, use double wing for twins.

However, I have never seen a wing bend a plate, either ss or ali. Not sure how you will get enough pressure in the wing to force the plate to bend??

I've not only seen it I've done it.

If you mount a narrow center panel wing on a plate with doubles and inflate you can very easily bend the plate. The wing is between the plate and cylinders.

3 psi doesn't seem like much, until you consider the area that 3 psi is acting on.

Ever seen the vehicle rescue bags used to lift cars and trucks? They are huge, but are filled to 1-2 psi above ambient. They pick up thousands of lbs......

Tobin

My doubles are each 5.5 ", and the two bottles weigh about 30 lbs total. All doubles are not the same. There are still some triple manifolds around too.

On deeper dives I position a 12cf bailout upside down with its own reg between the twin 40s. True redundancy in a smaller nicely balanced and streamlined package.

Damn.... Now I've got that rig stuck in my mind and I want one. I see that DGX has the bands for 5.5 inch tanks, I've got a spare manifold and valve set, and I could always use some spare 40's for something (justifying like crazy)

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom