attaching external halcyon pocket with ACB pocket to weight belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vilinsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have this problem with their Halcyon Infinity in which you can't place both your ACB pocket and optional Halcyon waist pocket on the waist band as there is no room for both. Is there another mounting option? I can't sacrafice my ACB weight pockets but would like to have the additional Halcyon pocket for storage as the Eclipse has no storage pockets to begin with just 2 D-rings.

I think Halcyon solved this to a minimal degree with the newer version of the waist pocket, which has a weight pouch in it. Obviously it lacks the capacity and quick-release features, though.

At the end of the day, you can only mount so much crap on a BP harness. Get a weight belt, keep the pocket; get Irikonji shorts, keep the ACBs. If you want everything on your rig, maybe you need a Zeagle Ranger :D

Does anyone have this problem with their Halcyon Infinity in which you can't place both your ACB pocket and optional Halcyon waist pocket on the waist band as there is no room for both. Is there another mounting option? I can't sacrafice my ACB weight pockets but would like to have the additional Halcyon pocket for storage as the Eclipse has no storage pockets to begin with just 2 D-rings.

Hi vilinsky, I had the same problem in 2009. At the time, I emailed Halcyon who confirmed that both products cannot be used together. In response, I suggested that both the FAQs on the Halcyon website and the relevant Manual should be upgraded to advise of the incompatibility of the RH Zippered Pocket & the ACB system. At the time, both of these sources implied that both products could be used together. I currently use the pocket during the summer months with a wetsuit and a DUI weigh harness while I used the ACB system during winter with a drysuit (with pockets on the legs) and the DUI weight harness. I do not like the pocket because it is very difficult to unzip and access due to its location and its relatively small size. IMHO, the best solution for a pocket on a BP harness is a pocket on the front of the body at waist level - I met a diver earlier this year who made his own pocket on this basis. The pocket was large and fitted with D rings and loops and you can look into it thereby being able to see all of its contents. The now-discontinued range of DUI BCDs included such a pocket.

Halcyon Explorer Pockets glued to TLS drysuit; for wetsuit -especially a thin tropical skinsuit- use these pocket shorts: https://www.divegearexpress.com/exposure/shorts.shtml

I use a conventional weight belt for most of the lead mass with single tank diving here in cold SoCal homewaters; for double AL80's, bullet weights between the cylinders and a tail weight with no additional weight belt needed. I use a Halcyon steel BP with the Cinch adjustable webbing with only two UTD weight pockets fitted over the waist belt for trim balance as needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom