Attention shop owners I need parts for friend in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suckair

Reaction score
HI, I am hoping that some shop owners that troll on this board can give me some advice. A friend of mine owns a dive shop in Belize and he has asked me to scavanage up some parts for him. I don't know industry channels or o-ring measurements so short of going to my local shop I don't know where to get these parts.

The local shop I work with has a policy of 200% markup on this stuff and there is no way I am going to dump this on my buddy as I am trying to scavange up quite a few parts for him.

Customs in Belize is very high and they have problems getting the parts they need at times.

Here is my dream list.

Shopping for Abel

1. O rings for HP SPUD
2. 40 HP seats “2 boxes”
3. Tank valve assembly kits “10p per 2 boxes”
4. Mouthpieces 20 black 5 clear
5. 4 boxes of tank valve repair kits
6. tiny orings that go around the high pressure spuds in the air gauges.

If anyone can point me in the right direction please let me know. My email is randall@vortexdata.net

suckair:
HI, I am hoping that some shop owners that troll on this board can give me some advice. A friend of mine owns a dive shop in Belize and he has asked me to scavanage up some parts for him. I don't know industry channels or o-ring measurements so short of going to my local shop I don't know where to get these parts.

The local shop I work with has a policy of 200% markup on this stuff and there is no way I am going to dump this on my buddy as I am trying to scavange up quite a few parts for him.

Customs in Belize is very high and they have problems getting the parts they need at times.

Here is my dream list.

Shopping for Abel

1. O rings for HP SPUD
2. 40 HP seats “2 boxes”

If anyone can point me in the right direction please let me know. My email is randall@vortexdata.net

Seems like your shop owner friend should be able to provide part numbers...heh

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Bob3 is a good source. I'll ask him to look at this...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

suckair:

Here is my dream list.

Shopping for Abel

1. O rings for HP SPUD
2. 40 HP seats “2 boxes”

Spud is another name we use for a potato but we don't put
o-ings on em.

Different regs use drastically different HP seats...which ones?

Different valves use differeent parts kits.

different regs even use different sized mouth pieces.

Either something got lost in the translation or some one is lost.

MikeFerrara:
Spud is another name we use for a potato but we don't put
o-ings on em.

Different regs use drastically different HP seats...which ones?

Different valves use differeent parts kits.

different regs even use different sized mouth pieces.

Either something got lost in the translation or some one is lost.

I believe that those spud rings are for what is better known as an Air spool and it takes a 003 oring. The most widely used reg in Belize at most shops that I have been affiliated with is the Sherwood Brut and uses a standard non balanced piston seat, but this is not a for sure thing, cause as Mike has said, there is a lot of different Regulators and seats out there and the "2 boxes"@ 40 seats throws me off? I could probably give a good guess on the valve kits, but again, there are more than one. You can get away with a standard mouth piece in a stretch it over kinda way, but they dont last long when they dont fit right. Have you been dealing with your buddy in Belize for a while? Most of these operators have their dive shop connections in the states for parts and such. Is he knew to being a diving operator and not completely established yet? Better Info would help.

Here is a web page with some O ring info and you can order from them as well. I don't know how their prices compare, but al least you can read about uses for the various sizes and different materials they are made of.

I will email Abel back and get clarification on the types of regulators and tank valves that he has.

Back
Top Bottom